Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access Gmail with eircom. Anyone else?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hello. Can't access my gmail this morning, I would put it down to a problem on googles side except for the fact the gmail widget on my igoogle homepage is still working.

Clearly something is up with Eircom. Anyone else having a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Also on Eircom dsl and have no problem with gmail.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Eircom seems a bit sluggish this morning. I got access to google talk on my third attempt.
    Also some big sites such as Sky News are slow to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Well gmail is back for me. Once again I am glad this is not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yeah I was having some trouble with google related sites earlier. It just takes a few minutes. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

It appears to be an intermittent problem that I first noticed yesterday, it starts out struggling to lookup the DNS entry but usually connects after a while. I've noticed the issue on a few sites but mainly google based ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi Guys,

Here in Carrigaline, Co. Cork [ Near Cork City ]. Eircom Netopia Setup.

From yesterday on, GOOGLE .ie, .co.uk, .com will not work. I assume any Google related product wont work either. For the moment I am using www.altavista.com for search.

Sounds like DNS issues, maybe. Only way to see is to change the DNS addresses in the router.

Anyone else - Where and what BBand Provider.

Just a thought - Eircom are rolling out some sort of remote Spam filtering based on Norton products for end users. Any possibility that this has unwittingly blocked stuff. Whatever code is used at the eircom.net site for example has recently caused me problems with Sonicwall content filter boxes [ 3060, tZ170 ]. The CFS see's the eircom site as bogus and blocks it. Have to add it to the Allowed Sites option. Might be way off here,

Cheers
    Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sideshowsue

Eircom's DNS servers are wobbling. I changed mine to Open DNS and I'm now back to normal page loads.

(I'm in Cobh BTW.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi sideshowsue,

Nice one. Just switched to opendns dns ips also. Like a wippet, thing I will stick to these in the future,

Cheers and thanks
    Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Was sluggish thismorning with Gmail at about 9am alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Strangely I was already using OpenDNS when I had the gmail problem this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I had a lot of problems with gMail chat and mail yesterday and this morning (on 3 mobile BB -but this time I think the fault was on the Google side).

Advertisement