Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huge Jigsaw?

• 11-09-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Girlfriend's going to be housebound for a few months. Her birthday's on Friday and I want to buy her a huge jigsaw puzzle. Any suggestions where to buy?

A search on toys.ie and banba showed only kiddies jigsaws.

thanks

Edit: Am in Dublin city centre btw (thanks whiskey)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

where in the country are you?
    I know a lot of arts/crafts/hobby shops have mega adult ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

whiskeyman wrote:
    where in the country are you?
    I know a lot of arts/crafts/hobby shops have mega adult ones.
    Yeah my mam went through a Jigsaw phase and theats where she got hers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't know where you'd get a huge one but have you ever seen a Wasgij?
    The picture on the box is not the one you make up - it'll be from a different angle or maybe in a different time. They're 1000 piece puzzles and you can get them in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

The toy shop across the street from the back entrance to Jervis (Toys r us i think) has a few 5000/10000 piece ones i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Art and Hobby shop. They do cool 3D ones as well.

They're all over the place - dundrum, jervis, nutgrove

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would also reccommend Wasgijs... there good fun and really challenging. I went through a phase of constantly doing them. Try eBay or the art and hobby shop in Dun Laoghaire (there's more around the country but I'm not sure where)

EDIT: Too late, someone else knows where other art and hobby shops are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

mods are fags bye bye troller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

He's gone from AH.
    Only a matter of minutes before he's site banned.

Thanks for all the reported posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Terry wrote:
    He's gone from AH.

you know that's something I would never have thought to do report the post, I must remember it for future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I had a feeling Terry would have him gone fairly sharpish.... that was really wierd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Terry wrote:
    He's gone from AH.

Proper order. An animated sig, what WAS he thinking :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Well that's Terry for ya - Sharp as really sharp things!!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Im disappointed:confused: I would have expected someone to suggets sex aids for anyone house bound at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Rob_l wrote:
    Im disappointed:confused: I would have expected someone to suggets sex aids for anyone house bound at this stage

My bad, I forgot to mention the whole housebound-due-to-cancer thing :p

Thanks for the helpful advice all, I found a 960-piece 3D puzzle ball of the globe in toymaster near jervis st for 50 quide, think I'll go for that. Unless someone else has done it and it's crap :)

You should try one of the impossi-puzzle ones. They're fiendishly difficult. They're typically loads of the same things in one picture e.g. a pile of baked beans or a pile of jelly beans or something. Some of them are double sided as well with another ridiculously hard one on the back.

Have a look here, although if you don't have a c/card there's probably not much hope in finding one in a "bricks & mortar" shop.

http://www.lazyboneuk.com/store/pro835.html

They're a lot cheaper than 50 snots as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm sorry to hear of the cancer and I wish your girlfriend a speedy recovery.
    Don't know about the 3d puzzle ball, I've never done one - it might be good.
    Jigzone.com is a good site for online jigsaws too, it's got hundreds of jigsaws
    and you can decide how many pieces, what cut etc. They're great for passing time.

Advertisement