Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss on concrete garden paths

Options
  • 11-09-2007 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Cannot scrape it off effectively as it is embedded in the little hollows / dimples in the concrete.

Any suggestions for a good way to 'burn' it out or something? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

A good power washer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

As antoinolachtnai said, Power wash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Jeyes fluid and a yard brush will kill it too, I have it in my back yard and the power washer worked,it came back quickly so I gave the jeyes fluid and a hard yard bruch a go too and it worked just as well as it killed the growth, with all the rain this summer that green slime is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Use Bleach it is safer and cheaper than Jeyes fluid.
    The Gel or powdered chlorine work well but liquid bleach will also do the job, just mix 1 part bleach to 4 parts water and brush on with a deck brush, leave for 30 mins and rinse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have heard that there is a great priduct available that lifts all the dirt and moss off in one go, I must investigate it, anyone konw it?

The moss in my place was on cobble stones, and it was difficult to power wash as to get the moss off I had to do each stone, but the stones i did were so clean that they looked new when compared to the ones with no moss that i didn't clean. So even though I had to horse into the yard brush it was still faster over all as it was a more even finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Have just assembled the new power washer tonight - did not think it would do it on its own - but will use the bleach trick tomorrow and blast it off then - Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Scrape it, then power wash it. Then treat it with 'Moss Gone' - available from your local hardware store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Thanks HB

Advertisement