Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

CAT DVD remote control LOST!

• 11-09-2007 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a Cat home cinema system DVD (CAT DVA 2050) in Lidl a few years ago - very cheap. But it's done us very well. Until recently when I lost the remote control. Now we can only control volume and stop or play - no choosing another language or any moving around the screen without the remote. I bought a truly cheap 'universal remote' which doesn't seem to detect anything and won't work with any of our stuff.

We also have a Samsung TV and the remote on that is supposedly programmable to other things with the right code but I can't find the manual and I know it didn't have a code for CAT products anyway. Tried to download the manual from Samsung's website only to be told the model no doesn't exist - it does it's written on the back of the tv and is LE32R73BD.

I'm not really interested in spending big money on a fancy remote control since the DVD system only cost about 130 euro 3 or 4 years ago and good universal remotes seem to go for double that. And even if I do will the universal recognise this CAT system (which seems a 'lesser known' brand)?
    As well as these we have an oldish Philips VCR.

Any solutions please?
    Thanks.
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

The biggest problem you will find is that the "cheap" universal remote controls don't necessarily learn a whole lot. Rather they have pre programmed code sets built in for the majority of brand name manafacturers products.
    I doubt any cheap learning/universal remote control you come across is going to have the necessary codes for a "CAT 2050" system.
    The manafacturers do have a website (they are a german company as far as I can see) www.cat-sound.com but the site is in german! My german is a bit rusty so maybe somebody else may be able to help out in trying to order a replacement remote for you via the website?
    I think this is your only hope if you want to get any more control than you currently have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I have the same player, and I use a programmable remote I got in Lidl as well. I didn't have the codes as one of the preprogrammed sets but it learned the commands no problem.

If your cheap universal remote can learn commands, then maybe you could send it to me and I could set it up for you. PM me if you want.

Advertisement