Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question on how mods are selected.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I was made a mod without my knowledge also.

It was a b*tch when I had to fork out the stamp duty and clerical fees but now thankfully I've fully recouped my initial outlay and survive completely from my ban quota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I drew the short straw. :(

Ruu wrote:
    Asok really doesn't like it being called that in public.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ha ha Ruu were you playing soggy biscuit with Asok when you drew this "short straw"?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ruu wrote:

Most biscuits are comparable to clam chowder afterwards. Enjoy your sea food man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It's high in natural zinc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

zaph wrote:
    In BGRH we had a beer drinking competition to select our mod. After three days we finally had a mod. :D
    No one invited me :(

I was asked to mod Humour when peachypants stepped down. Ruu's job is in my sights next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

zaph wrote:
    In BGRH we had a beer drinking competition to select our mod. After three days we finally had a mod. :D

True ! The only problem is that no one can remember who it is :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

True ! The only problem is that no one can remember who it is :p

Guess we'll have to have another one then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Who wants to be a mod? That beer, drugs and midget hooker lifestyle is so over-rated and tiresome. And the wages hardly help, 100k a year might be good for a banker but a boards mod needs more, how else can they afford to keep the 50 cats and photographer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

krazy_8s wrote:
    Who wants to be a mod? That beer, drugs and midget hooker lifestyle is so over-rated and tiresome. And the wages hardly help, 100k a year might be good for a banker but a boards mod needs more, how else can they afford to keep the 50 cats and photographer.

I missed my ban quota this month and the admins docked me pay. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I missed my ban quota this month and the admins docked me pay. :(
    I'm getting a bonus after yesterday.

Terry wrote:
    I'm getting a bonus after yesterday.

I'm thinking of banning a load zero post members that haven't been online in years. If the admins find out though, I could get in serious trouble.

I'm thinking of banning a load zero post members that haven't been online in years. If the admins find out though, I could get in serious trouble.
    The Smods and Cmods have bar quotas for that also btw. If we catch a mod doing that then we get 15 boardzlotys per mod. I have forgotten the boardzloty:euro ratio tho.

Gordon wrote:
    The Smods and Cmods have bar quotas for that also btw. If we catch a mod doing that then we get 15 boardzlotys per mod. I have forgotten the boardzloty:euro ratio tho.

Could ye not just modify (puntastic) a no post user to be a mod and then get him to ban other no post wonders and then ban that mod and make a lot of boardzlotys?

P.S The boardzlotys used to be really strong against the euro but has gotten slighty weaker in recent times. Still good conversion rate though.

Could ye not just modify (puntastic) a no post user to be a mod and then get him to ban other no post wonders and then ban that mod and make a lot of boardzlotys?

P.S The boardzlotys used to be really strong against the euro but has gotten slighty weaker in recent times. Still good conversion rate though.

If you have to spend this much time trying to screw the system you need another job and a new septum for your nose.

Unfortunately not as only Admins can modify users to be mods.

Yeah, the boardzloty really took a drop against the euro when the search was disabled. I'm sure our credits are worth more now that coke and hookers are cheaper due to demand and supply and the new world order lizards shuffling about a bit all the time.

krazy_8s wrote:
    If you have to spend this much time trying to screw the system you need another job and a new septum for your nose.

A life would probably help too.

Gordon wrote:
    Unfortunately not as only Admins can modify users to be mods.

So that's how the admins afford all the coke and hookers.
    Gordon wrote:
    Yeah, the boardzloty really took a drop against the euro when the search was disabled. I'm sure our credits are worth more now that coke and hookers are cheaper due to demand and supply and the new world order lizards shuffling about a bit all the time.

Well it is worth less than it used to be put as you say with the coke and hookers being so cheap our cost of living has plumetted and therefore we are a lot better off. We must be the only place where inflation is in the minus levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Moving this to the Economics forum...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i think 4colours should be unbanned and be mod-ified! Think of his justifications for bannings!!

User banned from some technical forum:

"user explanation banned, bald headed technologist error, bouncer educated spam deletered!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sure he should be mod-ified

Snip, snip 4colours, Wha ?

I vote we make a Ruu forum and he can mod it.

Edit:My brain doesn't work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I know that every forum works differently so I was wondering how mods are selected here? Is it a democratic process or do the current smods just say "I like the cut of that persons jib, you hired!" ?

Some like living in long grasses, others go into hiding rather than face up to a challenger, whilst most jump off band wagons to hurl abuse from a position of apparent superiority but few can actually prove. There are unfortunately not enough articulate mods (subject specific or otherwise) to compensate for the overinflated delusional egos that persist.

If you think you got what it takes well start reciting " attack the post and not the poster" no matter what. If you run out of ideas well have you tried anal bleaching? Or perhaps trigger happy banning??

Unbelieveable really what some mods do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Some like living in long grasses, others go into hiding rather than face up to a challenger, whilst most jump off band wagons to hurl abuse from a position of apparent superiority but few can actually prove. There are unfortunately not enough articulate mods (subject specific or otherwise) to compensate for the overinflated delusional egos that persist.

If you think you got what it takes well start reciting " attack the post and not the poster" no matter what. If you run out of ideas well have you tried anal bleaching? Or perhaps trigger happy banning??

Unbelieveable really what some mods do!!

If ever a post needed "backing up", this is it.

smashey wrote:
    If ever a post needed "backing up", this is it.

Ding!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Oh come on Sonnenblumen. You've never been treated with anything but respect on Investments & Markets. I've never been treated with anything but respect on Politics, or on Legal Discussion, or most other forums I post on. You're just pissed off that you had a rough ride on Feedback recently. If you're not, if the mods here genuinely upset you, join the other 4 million Irish people who aren't members and don't use the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

" attack the post and not the poster" no matter what
    And thats what I give for a reason in reporting your post in another thread in feedback.

Oh and I also said you were a prick which of course is my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Some folk don't like it when the truth comes back to bite them in the posterior.

• Advertisement

Plenty of crackle but we're waiting.

Advertisement