Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an average price to fit a kitchen?

• 11-09-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi

Just got a price to install a flatpack kitchen (Kitchen World).
    The kitchen itself is L shaped. 2.4m by 3.1 meters with top units on the 2.4m side only.
    Quote to fit - €1000

This includes a routed joint at the corner which he's said will cost €100 to do.

Does this seem reasonable or a little overpriced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Seems a little pricey. Is the kitchen already bough and I presume from KitchenWorld?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

Have a quote from Kitchen world for the kitchen but have not bought anything yet.
    To be honest it's the only kitchen we like, been to cash & carry, in house, and a few other places and didn't like anything there.

Quote for kitchen is €3300 so i figured €1000 was a little steep for the install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Hiya,
    In my experience fitters will charge per unit to install, the average price down here ( north cork ) is approximatly 35 - 45 per unit ( the fitting price is always more when you are dealing with flat pack units as there is more labour involved ). Double that figure for for each tall unit and corner unit. The 100 for the invisible corner joint in the worktop is about what I would expect a fitter to charge. Hope this is of some help.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 skypette

i am kitchen shopping at moment, avg charge to fit 500-600e. my space is u shaped 5ft/10ft/12ft top and bottom units plus pantry, i am getting all sort of quotes on same kitchen, some at twicethe price. cant understand that as carcass is same on all and doors/hinges much the same in each showroom. as for deposits some want half or all up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Reds2010

Octopus wrote: »
    Hi

Just got a price to install a flatpack kitchen (Kitchen World).
    The kitchen itself is L shaped. 2.4m by 3.1 meters with top units on the 2.4m side only.
    Quote to fit - €1000

This includes a routed joint at the corner which he's said will cost €100 to do.

Does this seem reasonable or a little overpriced?

I bought a Kitchen from Kitchenworld in Deansgrange last year, Kitchenworld dont do FLATPACK dirt all their presses were delivered to my house in perfect condition FULLY ASSEMBLED..even the doors were hanging on the presses, cant recomend them highly enough. Earl (designer) was fantastic from start to finish and i even got a follow up call from him the day after the job was fitted to make sure everything went acording to plan. I used one of there fitters for the peace of mind as i was assured that if anything went wrong months down the line (which it hasnt) the fitter would make good free of charge, cant ask for better than that..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Reds2010 wrote: »
    I bought a Kitchen from Kitchenworld in Deansgrange last year, Kitchenworld dont do FLATPACK dirt all their presses were delivered to my house in perfect condition FULLY ASSEMBLED..even the doors were hanging on the presses, cant recomend them highly enough. Earl (designer) was fantastic from start to finish and i even got a follow up call from him the day after the job was fitted to make sure everything went acording to plan. I used one of there fitters for the peace of mind as i was assured that if anything went wrong months down the line (which it hasnt) the fitter would make good free of charge, cant ask for better than that..
    you wouldnt happen to work for kitchen world would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Kitchenworld dont do FLATPACK dirt

So their dirt is ready assembled, is it? (No reflection on Kitchen World, just on the above comment!)

Flatpacked furniture is cheaper to buy because it's cheaper to transport, being flat and because the assembly is done by the purchaser. Just because it's flatpacked is not a statement on its quality, just a statement on how it's packed.

As regards the OP, I reckon there's probably a couple of days work for two people there between assembly and fitting and I'd say that €1,000 is a bit steep. I'd suggest you get several more quotes from reputable fitters. As with all other areas of the construction business, work is harder to find nowadays and prices are more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Take a look at the date when thread was opened. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Reds2010

No I dont work for Kitchenworld Michael999999, im a stay at home dad if you must know!
    i thought this site was for offering people advice on different subjects in the day to day life, i just gave my experience with kitchenworld.

As regards the "flat pack dirt" comment you know what i mean.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

As regards the "flat pack dirt" comment you know what i mean.. :)

No. What exactly do you mean?

• Advertisement
Advertisement