Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW 5th Anniversary Tour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

shinzon wrote:
    having no barriers is a barrier in itself Shin

The Forum, like many small venues, wont allow Barriers. But, larger venues like The ESB Arena & The Point require them due to the floor size in those multi thousand seat locations.

Its an area that IwW regonise and that it needs attention, but anyone that frequents The Forum will see that they supply their own security for all events in the venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

eggs wrote:
    The Forum, like many small venues, wont allow Barriers. But, larger venues like The ESB Arena & The Point require them due to the floor size in those multi thousand seat locations.

Its an area that IwW regonise and that it needs attention, but anyone that frequents The Forum will see that they supply their own security for all events in the venue.

oh well nvm then, if they dont allow barriers fair enough, but at least make sure theres more of a crackdown on the gowlers and around the ring stuff, the security in the forum isnt the best tbh, at the last show all they were doing is telling them to stand back from the ring and the minute the securitys back was turned there they were again

Anyhoo it isnt the forums or iwws fault, its just the way it is is suppose which is a shame, just have to steel my self is all

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

jeffk wrote:
    Ah C`mon now,like when someone holds up a belt wrong or falls over a rope thats funny and worthy of it!
    Holds up a belt wrong??? What, like, the wrong way around? That would hardly provoke a chant in all fairness.

I don't think IwW need barriers, the "security" should just do their jobs, rather than timidly ask the children to sit down. Seriously, if i was an 8 year old child and Brother Skelly told me to sit down, I'd laugh at him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Holds up a belt wrong??? What, like, the wrong way around? That would hardly provoke a chant in all fairness.

It would if your knew the fella doing it and was having a laugh with him about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Did I miss something.

You say that the details are in the promotions sticky, but I can't see them.

Now, I've had a few beers, so that may be the problem.
    Or have the details yet to be published?

If they are there, can someone link the post, please?
    Depends. Asking the fans to pay for their own security is a bit much in some peoples eyes
    The thing is, security costs money and it's there for your own safety.
    More security = lower insurance costs (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

Terry wrote:
    Did I miss something.

You say that the details are in the promotions sticky, but I can't see them.

Now, I've had a few beers, so that may be the problem.
    Or have the details yet to be published?

If they are there, can someone link the post, please?

Here u go

http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055082781&page=14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The page you linked to doesn't work for me, jeffk. This is the post about IWW's tour: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53984285&postcount=535

The security in the SFX was good I think. I assume they were SFX's own security? They were big and tough looking, and ready to say something if anyone did anything wrong. They still never found that briefcase though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That link (which is borked, by the way) leads to shows from last January.

Edit: Thanks, Fozzy.

Fozzy wrote:
    The page you linked to doesn't work for me, jeffk. This is the post about IWW's tour: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53984285&postcount=535

Well sorry im new to this board and when i posted that link i clicked on it to check and got the same page as the iww 5th anniversary shows where on!All be it i had to scroll down a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IwW tries to run everything as smoothly as possible while also maintaining our very affordable ticket prices.

It's a case of balancing out security, insurance, venues, talent costs etc.

There are obviously things that we would like to perfect in an ideal world, but doing so may have to compromise our low ticket prices due to added costs. As it stands, everyone at IwW is very proud of the product we put out (though we always welcome suggestions on how to improve and take them into account if possible).

I think you would all agree that E15 per show with the likes of Kash, Smothers, Generico, the Dragon Gate stars and all of the regular IwW talent who are some of the most highly trained and acclaimed in Europe today, is a bargain. Similarly, E5 for Gym Wars is a steal.

As I said, suggestions are always welcome but I would please remind people to keep in mind that (as validreasoning pointed out) introducing some suggestions may force the raising of ticket prices, which we'd prefer not to do obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Will Generico, Kash and company be wrestling on all the dates announced, or will there be different combos of that line-up on each show?

Can you use those tickets we got at the supershow at all these shows, yeah?

Will Generico, Kash and company be wrestling on all the dates announced, or will there be different combos of that line-up on each show?

Ok as far as i know generico and the dragon gate people are booked up to the drogheda show!

In reply to the supershow tickets,yes you can use them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Who, may I ask are these Dragon Gate stars? Masaaki Mochizuki, Genki Horiguchi and Masato Yoshino would be terrific.

Double C wrote:
    Who, may I ask are these Dragon Gate stars? Masaaki Mochizuki, Genki Horiguchi and Masato Yoshino would be terrific.

TAKU IWASA a KENI'CHIRO ARAI
    Now to be honest i know dragon kid,blood generation and do fixer!!Think that covers who roh boooked at the start!!After that im lost with dragon gate,ive two dvds to watch and i think taka m....(cant spell it)is in it.You no faught greak saskue at candian stampede

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IWW PR

English profiles for Takamichi Iwasa and Keni'chiro Arai can be found on this site.

Also, Takamichi Iwasa was formerly Micheal Isawa of the Florida Bros tag team.

IWW PR wrote:
    English profiles for Takamichi Iwasa and Keni'chiro Arai can be found on this site.

Also, Takamichi Iwasa was formerly Micheal Isawa of the Florida Bros tag team.

cheers!!!Ah i remember them sticking out they where all dressed in american flagoutfits,kinda like eddie an art barr(rip) in mexico

Just to confirm for our fans who wish to see the likes of El Generico, Taku Iwasa and Keni-chiro Arai, they will be performing on the following shows:

Waterford - Oct 19
    Carlow/Kilkenny - Oct 20
    Balbriggan/Stillorgan - Oct 21
    Ballyfermot - Oct 22
    Drogheda - Oct 24

Kid Kash, Tracy Smothers, Shenayay and all of the IwW stars will be performing on the entire tour.

What kind of matches would IwW fans like to see on the upcoming shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Good ones ;)

I don't particularly like stipped matches in indy promotions, so regular one fall to a finish is what will have me happy. Generico in Waterford, nice one. Ill be there most certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

leggo wrote:
    Many people may not realise that Ireland's biggest promotion, Irish Whip Wrestling, is now five years old. Started in 2002, IwW has performed in front of tens of thousands of fans over the course of dozens upon dozens of shows in all four corners of the country.

We'd like to thank all of our fans for supporting us over the past five years and hope to retain your support for the next five too.

For full information on our history-making, internationally star-studded Fifth Anniversary Tour, featuring the likes of Kid Kash, Tracy Smothers, El Generico and stars from Dragon Gate (where we look to give back to all of the fans who have made these five years so enjoyable for everyone on the IwW team), check out the Irish promotions sticky.

IWW is nothing with J-C, The original Ceo Of IWW

• Advertisement

I don't particularly like stipped matches in indy promotions, so regular one fall to a finish is what will have me happy. Generico in Waterford, nice one. Ill be there most certainly.

Apologies, when I said what kind of matches, I didn't mean it in a stipulation sense neccessarily. I meant who would people like to see wrestle each other and whatnot?

eggs wrote:

The only problem is that there was zero security at the last Forum show, apart from one of the trainees at his wits end from running around telling kids to sit down. There needs to be actual security stood in places where the kids cannot pass them. It took from my enjoyment of the last Waterforrd show big time. However, lets not do this to death.

Re Leggos above post, I would love to see Vinny face Generico. That match could only be great. Smothers Vs Mandrake would be nice also. And according to Kash, he will be facing Bingo in Waterford (as per his promo last time out). I know nada of the Dragongate guys, so cannot comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

silly question leggo or eggs but you will have copies of global impact at the show?

Shin

Tracy Smothers vs Ballymun Bruiser could be a good brawl. El Generico vs Bingo Ballance would be an interesting one too, you could throw Kid Kash in there too. I think Isawa and Arai team up a good bit, so them in a tag match against Mandrake & Viper or Bingo & Vinny could be good

shinzon wrote:
    silly question leggo or eggs but you will have copies of global impact at the show?

Shin
    hello shin as far as i know iww will have the dvds along with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've recently come to the conclusion that generico is possibly the most solid, reliable guy on the indies. He can have a good to awesome bout with just about anyone, be it as a base for a high flyer like Pac, or as a bumping machine for a bigger opponent like Claudio or as a babyface tag partner his hot tag, house on fire segments rule, or in a comedy match he can be hilarious.

I reckon he can carry guys like Vinny or Katraz to the best matches of their careers if given the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HI V

Defo gona get to the waterford show. Heres hopin that the ****ty tribute show 6 days before wont put anyone off coming to this. looks like a gud card with kid kash, tracy and the rest

If anything, I hope the 'fake' wrestling show takes away some of the kids and their unemployable parents from the Waterford show. Looks like I will have to make a lone journey for this one.

Again, if anyone is travelling from Cork needing, i will be driving, but most likely staying over night.

m_f46a9153ffcdd607abfc0b991a7ced7c.jpg

He has had one of the most spectacular rookie years in Irish wrestling history. He is earmarked as the next big thing when it comes to professional wrestling in this country. Opponents fear him. Fans respect him. His name is Mandrake, and this upcoming 5th Anniversary tour, he has a point to prove.

From the moment Mandrake stepped from behind the curtain to make his debut against Bam Katrazz at IwW Gym War 12 (July 2006), fans knew they were seeing something special.

He pushed the experienced Katrazz to the absolute limit, then followed it up in his next match by coming close to defeating IwW stalwart, Mad Man Manson. Mandrake set his goals high the minute he stepped into the IwW Training Gym. He made no secret that he wanted the IwW International Heavyweight Championship around his waist. And he wanted it as soon as possible.

Mandrake's life prior to wrestling is relatively unknown. He is described as a 'loner' by IwW officials. Stories vary depending on who you were talking to. Some say that Mandrake was an experienced Martial Artist and Bobdybuilder before joining Irish Whip Wrestling. Others speculate that he is a member of the occult (stating that his hometown is 'The Black Abyss'). Mandrake was unavailable for comment when IrishWhipWrestling.com contacted him on numerous occassions to discuss his past.

The only thing that we do know about this mysterious competitor is that he seems to have all the tools to make it to the top: power, speed, agility (one of the first move's the big man displayed in his debut was a perfect standing moonsault), but perhaps most importantly, drive and determination.

Mandrake's first goal was to establish himself as the future of the promotion. He did so emphatically in the IwW King of the Gym tournament, annihilating Space Cadet in a matter of minutes in the first round then following it up by destroying pre-tournament favourite, Ryan Regan, in the semi-final (Regan has not been seen since).

Though unfortunately he would come up short against Wayne Daly in the final, Mandrake would not take the defeat lying down. Proving to fans that he was a sportsman, he shook Daly's hand in a rematch the two had several weeks later in Clondalkin. However, Mandrake would not let this defeat go. He had to prove himself the better man. He continued training, improving, taking on any challenger he could, then challenged Daly to a rematch on the biggest stage of them all: IwW SuperShow Sunday last March. There, Mandrake put this one demon to rest when he resoundly defeated the very capable Mullinger-native.

From there, things have only looked up for the young sensation. At IwW's next major event, IwW Global Impact, IwW officials deemed it neccessary to test Mandrake against two of the world's best: WWE, TNA and ECW star, Kid Kash and former GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takeshi Rikio.

In a performance that even impressed the most optimistic of IwW officials and fans, Mandrake looked right at home with two of the best wrestlers on the planet today. And though he did not emerge victorious from the triple-threat contest, his reputation was only enhanced by how hard he made these two men work to beat their opponent who had been in the ring less than a year at that stage.

Mandrake only had one more step to take in achieving the one goal he set out to at the start of his wrestling journey: challenging Vic Viper for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship.

He did so at IwW's live event in Clontarf last September. The match would even end with Mandrake's name as the official winner. Mandrake was unstoppable against 'The Snakeman' (who has only boosted his CV with victories over the likes of 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, CIMA and Kid Kash to name but a few, in the past year alone) and forced the Champion to retreat from the ring giving Mandrake a count-out victory. However, despite this the belt still eluded 'The Black-Hearted Warrior'.

Sources say that this countout win only served to enrage Mandrake, who is now "out to destroy" Viper on the upcoming 5th Anniversary Tour. He has handed in almost daily requests to IwW officials for a title shot, though whether he will receive one yet is still to be confirmed. Viper's camp have claimed that Mandrake has "had his shot" and the fact that he is not holding the belt is testament enough to why he should not receive another opportunity.

IrishWhipWrestling.com will keep its ear to the ground for any developments on this situation. All we do know for sure at the moment is, that regardless of who Mandrake faces come the tour, they are in for a lot of (as Mandrake would say) "pain and suffering".

For more information on the IwW 5th Anniversary Tour, see the below links:

'IwW 5th Anniversary Tour - Who and Why!': http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7

'IwW 5th Anniversary Tour - When and Where!': http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

And as always, stay tuned to the IrishWhipWrestling.com forums for the latest updates!

Even after all that, I couldn't give a **** about him.

• Advertisement

Even after all that, I couldn't give a **** about him.

Why not?

Is Generico still coming?

Apparently he has missed a few bookings in the US in the last few weeks, and is due to miss a ROH double header this weekend as well.

El Generico will be fit and ready for the IwW Tour.

His first match (In Waterford) will be against Red Vinny in a No.1 Contenders bout for the Zero-G Title.

jeffk wrote:
    Why not?
    He lacks talent.

He lacks talent.

Thats why he can do a standing moonsault for one example?

jeffk wrote:
    Thats why he can do a standing moonsault for one example?
    Just because someone can do a 920 back flippty flop doesn't mean he's a good wrestler. Saying he is good based on one move is stupid.

Just because someone can do a 920 back flippty flop doesn't mean he's a good wrestler. Saying he is good based on one move is stupid.

I said one move as an example,better than your effort of just saying hes ****.
    ANY clown can say that,but backing it up not that requires intelligence and thinking :D

He is a boring wrestler, has a stupid gimmick and hasn't shown any charisma yet. I don't think he has been in one good match yet, and his match at the supershow stunk up the place.

He is a boring wrestler, has a stupid gimmick and hasn't shown any charisma yet. I don't think he has been in one good match yet, and his match at the supershow stunk up the place.

Well i agree he wasnt great but has improved vastly in such a short amount of time.
    You can only get better by doing something and say in mandrakes case there are only so many iww shows he can make(im not speaking for him).
    So with that in mind he could develop not as quickly as one of the local and regular IWW wrestlers.

• Advertisement

He impressed me the one time I saw him, one of the better guys on the card

Taku Iwasa & Ken'ichiro Arai are now Dragon Gate International Jr. Tag Team Champions.

They will have several title defences throughout Ireland during the tour in Waterford, Ballyfermot, Stillorgan & Drogheda.

Taku Iwasa broke his arm during a tag team title match in Japan. He will be replaced by Luptin Matsutani of Dragon Gate, for the this tour.

eggs wrote: »
    Taku Iwasa broke his arm during a tag team title match in Japan. He will be replaced by Luptin Matsutani of Dragon Gate, for the this tour.

hey at least you replaced him with a dragon gate fella :cool:
    Any info on this new wrestler?

There's a bit about him here, first profile there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Just hours to go till Waterford tonight.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ok, so how do I get to St. Benildus college from the leisureplex in Stillorgan?

Ok, so how do I get to St. Benildus college from the leisureplex in Stillorgan?

The where now?Your goin to the naomh olaf show i assume?

Cheers for the infor fozzy,goggle didnt help me :mad:

Oh yeah. That's this Sunday...not sure if I can go yet, got a busy weekend lined up

Fozzy wrote: »
    Oh yeah. That's this Sunday...not sure if I can go yet, got a busy weekend lined up

Ah right cool im gonna explain that to the other fella to,its thick how a place can have an address an its not bloody there.
    Sure theres plenty more shows,not to mention nxt saturday with two shows almost beside each other :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement