Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW 5th Anniversary Tour

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

So the correct directions from Stillorgan Leisureplex to Naomh Olaf would be this: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=stillorgan,+dublin&daddr=Holly+Avenue&sll=53.280778,-6.218519&sspn=0.0068,0.015085&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1

I'm going to be away next weekend unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Fozzy wrote: »
    So the correct directions from Stillorgan Leisureplex to Naomh Olaf would be this: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=stillorgan,+dublin&daddr=Holly+Avenue&sll=53.280778,-6.218519&sspn=0.0068,0.015085&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1

I'm going to be away next weekend unfortunately

Thats the one or from the BCIE aka m50

Travelling Southbound on the M50 take the exit for Ballinteer/Dundrum. Come down the slip road, turn right at the roundabout (3rd exit) and continue along up this road untill the lights.

Take a left at the lights and travel in the righthand lane up to the next set of lights. The Beacon Medical Center and the Beacon Court Hotel are on your right.

Turn right at the lights.

Take the first or second left into the Industrial Estate and turn right at the end of the road and left at the end of that road.
    We are located in the corner straight ahead

So will u make any of the shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Maybe on Sunday if I manage to get some free time!

Fozzy wrote: »
    Maybe on Sunday if I manage to get some free time!

ah nice one we should get a boards.ie row going for both shows :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

So am I to understand I follow that blue route on that google map?

I'm so buzzed for this. As I mentioned to Jeff, I finish work at 7 in Dun Laoghaire, I'm getting a lift off my mum. Is there a chance tickets could be sold out as I know I won't get to the venue until at best 20 past 7.

I'm so buzzed for this. As I mentioned to Jeff, I finish work at 7 in Dun Laoghaire, I'm getting a lift off my mum. Is there a chance tickets could be sold out as I know I won't get to the venue until at best 20 past 7.

AS i was telling even within reason there is no set amount of seats/tickets so do not worry if you are there after seven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

We will make room for you, don't you worry too much.

Cheers. How has the tour going so far? What is the reaction?

Cheers. How has the tour going so far? What is the reaction?

Last nights show was a solid card overall

El generico v red vinny
    viper v madrake for the belt
    bingo v kash for the belt
    la warren v a woman
    manson smothers v bruiser la warren
    Bingo a vinny v dragon gate wrestlers

• Advertisement

LA Warren...Amazing. Should he be at the show tommorow night? I am going to mark out so much. He gave me a suplex in one of the fridges in Dunne Stores...luckily I escaped.

LA Warren...Amazing. Should he be at the show tommorow night? I am going to mark out so much. He gave me a suplex in one of the fridges in Dunne Stores...luckily I escaped.

Well he was @ the waterford show so id have to hazard a guess hell be there tomorrow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

jeffk wrote: »
    Last nights show was a solid card overall

El generico v red vinny
    viper v madrake for the belt
    bingo v kash for the belt
    la warren v a woman
    manson smothers v bruiser la warren
    Bingo a vinny v dragon gate wrestlers

Could someone explain a woman?? Is it a mesoginyst angle :D?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Could someone explain a woman?? Is it a mesoginyst angle :D?

Ah what now?? :)
    Thats the card i was given from a friend that was @ the show,im guessing Shania Ray??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Is there a chance tickets could be sold out

I SEVERELY doubt that has ever happened.:D

flahavaj wrote: »

Irish Whip has sold out shows several times in the past; Mount Temple October 3 years ago, Waterford, Balbriggan and Lucan twice to name a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

If they "sold out", then one would assume that there was a set amount of seats and tickets before every show, yeah? 'Cos from what I've seen, new seats are just put anywhere if more people come, and others have to stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Goebels

Well, they actually did sell out the last time in Waterford with 150 people i believe (fromthe observer). Looked to be about the same this time.

Show was pretty good last night. Arai is one of the best heels I've ever seen, and that match was awesome. LA Warren vs Shenyay was brutal. Smothers/Manson vs Bruiser/Warren was a lot of fun, had a lot of heat. Bingo/Kash was bad. Viper/Mandrake was brutal (also got "this is awful" chants), Generico/Vinny was awesome which was to be expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Goebels wrote: »
    Well, they actually did sell out the last time in Waterford with 150 people i believe (fromthe observer). Looked to be about the same this time.

Show was pretty good last night. Arai is one of the best heels I've ever seen, and that match was awesome. LA Warren vs Shenyay was brutal. Smothers/Manson vs Bruiser/Warren was a lot of fun, had a lot of heat. Bingo/Kash was bad. Viper/Mandrake was brutal (also got "this is awful" chants), Generico/Vinny was awesome which was to be expected.

When you say "brutal", do you mean the match was hard-hitting or a pile of ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

flahavaj wrote: »

Out of almost 40 shows so far this year, approximatley 10 shows, ranging from 200-400, have sold out. The first show of the year, ZG Tourney, was a 300 sell out. Waterford last Friday night drew 300ple, Carlow was 105ple, while Kilkenny was a 250 Sellout.

Tour is going very well so far, 9 more shows to go. There have been a wide variation of matches from Inter-Gender to Comedy to High-Flying. The fans have been very supportive so far, thank you.

eggs wrote: »
    Out of almost 40 shows so far this year, approximatley 10 shows, ranging from 200-400, have sold out. The first show of the year, ZG Tourney, was a 300 sell out. Waterford last Friday night drew 300ple, Carlow was 105ple, while Kilkenny was a 250 Sellout.

Tour is going very well so far, 9 more shows to go. There have been a wide variation of matches from Inter-Gender to Comedy to High-Flying. The fans have been very supportive so far, thank you.

No problems eggs i am WELL looking forward to todays double shot :cool:

As it was my first small-scale show I went to, I enjoyed the experience a lot, but I couldnt really get involved tonight. In fairness though, I was sitting beside some lads that didnt give a ****, and had no idea what was going on. I got a handshake off Kash so I was chuffed.

Oh Jeff, I'm certain you were sitting on front of me, like it had to be you. I didnt have the balls to say thanks for the directions...ha.

As it was my first small-scale show I went to, I enjoyed the experience a lot, but I couldnt really get involved tonight. In fairness though, I was sitting beside some lads that didnt give a ****, and had no idea what was going on. I got a handshake off Kash so I was chuffed.

Oh Jeff, I'm certain you were sitting on front of me, like it had to be you. I didnt have the balls to say thanks for the directions...ha.

Alright man yeah that was me,those four behind we me where pricks.Laughing @ spots and the like.Im gald you found it ok A LOT of us got lost thanks to some problems over the course of the day and a serious lack of signs and lights in the general dundrum area!

Plus cause of which a lot of people and wrestlers had to be tired and it was late for kids to be up and active.
    Its the first time its been done so we all need to learn as we go :cool:

Oh yeah those guys, who left at the break? Yeah I was between them, and a group of bleedin' huge lads.

That show convinced me tonight, to go and start training, I might go over to Baldoyle tommorow to sign up.

Does anyone think the Daly guy looks like Tom De Longe?

Oh and yeah road signs are not exactly great when it comes to Dundrum.

I really wanted to start a let's go Warren chant. but then I realised nah I probably shouldnt, at risk of being buried.

Did anyone go to the show tonight?

• Advertisement

Did anyone go to the show tonight?

Ballyfermot Civic Centre was a sell out house, I counted 157 in the audience. Excellent show tonight all round, one of the highlights of the tour thus far. :)

Roll on Drogheda this Wedneday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

Irish Whip Wrestling would like to thank all of the fans that came out to support us during our 5th Anniversary National Tour.

The first match of the tour saw the Japanese duo from The Dragon Gate promotion, Keni'chiro Arai & Lupin Matsutani beating Red Vinny & Bingo Ballance. This bout caused a fallout between Vinny and Bingo, as the Zero Gravity champion accidently hit The Heretic , causing the loss. Vinny interferd during Bingo's match later that night in Waterford stopping him getting the pinfall on Kid Kash. Red Vinny had defeated ROH & PWG Star, El Generico in a No.1 Contenders match for the Zero G title. When Vinny finally faced Bingo Ballance in Kilkenny on Saturday Night October 20th, he won the Zero Gravity belt.

Out of 12 shows there were 4 sellout shows. The biggest being 450 Fans packed into The Donncarney Youth Centre on Saturday Night October 27th. This show saw the first ever 'Dog Collar Chain Match'. Int. Champ Vic Viper pinned a Bloody Mad Man Manson after a superplex off the top rope onto 6 chairs. Manson failed to make the 10-Count.

Female wrestler Jennidee suffered a very serious concussion at the hands of Tara Doyle during their 3-way match in Tallght. This may result in the Liverpool Lady needing to take an extended leave of action from Irish Whip.

International Champion Vic Viper successfully defended his title against top International stars Kid Kash, Keni'chiro Arai & Tracy Smothers. Former Zero G Champ Bingo Ballance recieved a title match with him in Clondalkin.

The breakout star of the tour was 'The Black Heart Warrior' Mandrake. During the national tour he came close to winning the International belt several times. He also gained pinfall victories over stars like Kid Kash, Keni'chiro Arai, Tracy Smothers, Mad Man Manson. The Newry native is fast becoming a centre piece in IwW.

A new tag team was formed with LA Warren & The Ballymun Bruiser. They teamed together through out the tour and on the final night in Tallaght they defeated Kid Kash & Bingo Ballance, when Warren pinned Kash. They will be a major force in not only the tag division, but also in the main events of upcoming IwW shows.

Finally, IwW would like to thank all of the Paper and radio stations around the country that covered the 5th Ann National Tour.

FULL RESULTS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE IRISH PROMOTIONS STICKY THREAD.

Advertisement