Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So I washed my licence

Options
  • 11-09-2007 12:01pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I washed my licence.

The inside with all th einformation is ok but the back has come off it.

Are you required to get a new one if it isnt in perfect nick or what?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Does washing your licence remove penalty points?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kikel wrote:
    Does washing your licence remove penalty points?

dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That's not what is meant by a "clean" licence!

You'll have to replace it. I think you can get a replacement one rather than a new one for a fiver from your local authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

it depends i suppose on a few things
    can you read all the details inside perfectly?
    When will it be renewed?
    Do you get asked to show your licience regularly?
    Do you Care :D?

From http://www.transport.ie/roads/licensing/faqs/index.asp?lang=ENG&loc=1838
    Q. I have lost my licence, it is still in date, what should I do?
    A. You may apply for a duplicate licence. Complete a duplicate licence application (Form D800) at your local Garda Station and forward to the Motor Taxation Office with two passport-type photographs (signed on the back) and a fee of €5.

Funny enough there is no fee for changing your name
    this might also be true for changing your address but not sure.

Q. I changed my name on marriage. What should I do to amend my licence?
    A. You should complete an application form ( D.401 Full licence or D.201 Provisional Licence ) and forward it to the Motor Taxation Office with your original Marriage Cert. and two passport-type photographs (signed on back). No fee will apply (if licence is still current).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JoeySully wrote:
    it depends i suppose on a few things
    can you read all the details inside perfectly?
    When will it be renewed?
    Do you get asked to show your licience regularly?
    Do you Care :D?

From http://www.transport.ie/roads/licensing/faqs/index.asp?lang=ENG&loc=1838
    Q. I have lost my licence, it is still in date, what should I do?
    A. You may apply for a duplicate licence. Complete a duplicate licence application (Form D800) at your local Garda Station and forward to the Motor Taxation Office with two passport-type photographs (signed on the back) and a fee of €5.

Funny enough there is no fee for changing your name
    this might also be true for changing your address but not sure.

Q. I changed my name on marriage. What should I do to amend my licence?
    A. You should complete an application form ( D.401 Full licence or D.201 Provisional Licence ) and forward it to the Motor Taxation Office with your original Marriage Cert. and two passport-type photographs (signed on back). No fee will apply (if licence is still current).

Thanks for that.

Its less than a year old.

You can read all the important bits ok.

Might just get a replacement one for €5 its probably worth avoiding the any possible agro

• Advertisement
Advertisement