Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions about a tattoo

Options
  • 11-09-2007 12:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of getting a tatt. The one i want is red and black and goes down the upper chest to the rib cage. Just got a few questions...

Does the colour red fade faster and look pink after a while?
    Will getting it on my rib cage hurt like **** ?

This will be my first tatt by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

some people have a bad reaction to red ink, be aware of that. all ink will fade, the quality will determine how fast/slow it fades (and also if you are exposing it to the sun alot)

it hurts yes, but managable (for me, everyone is different)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

when the ink fades can you get it redone..will it cost the same getting it redone or what way does it work..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you can get it "touched up" after a few weeks/months because some of the ink will run, theyre usually free as long as you go back to the same place who inked you.

after a few years you can get it redone again, will cost the same amount as far as i know, not sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Tak3n wrote:
    Hi,

Thinking of getting a tatt. The one i want is red and black and goes down the upper chest to the rib cage. Just got a few questions...

Does the colour red fade faster and look pink after a while?
    Seems to fade at the same slow rate as the black for me.
    Tak3n wrote:
    Will getting it on my rib cage hurt like **** ?
    Yes unfortunately.
    Wilburt wrote:
    you can get it "touched up" after a few weeks/months because some of the ink will run, theyre usually free as long as you go back to the same place who inked you.

after a few years you can get it redone again, will cost the same amount as far as i know, not sure tbh
    Getting it redone is no different in proceedure or price from getting it done except they don't need a stencil this time.

Advertisement