Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNP Course Cancelled

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

ITB College in Blanchardstown have cancelled the upcoming ccnp course which was due to start Sept 19. This was due to a lack of numbers (8 needed) 4 had applied. I was one of the four who had applied. There are very few ccnp courses available in ireland never mind Dublin. I cannot understand how there was a lack of applicants to take this exam considering the vast number of posts available to ccnp engineers. Especially since there is a fas rebate on the course which brings the price of the course from 6000 to 2400 euros . Not bad for a 1 and a half college course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Well to do the CCNP obviously you need the CCNA, and having done that chances are you already have access to enough network equipment or just plain experience to make home study viable. I think more people home-study the pro. level certs as they have more confidence in approaching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭funkyship

You may have a point there, but i would have thought it would be easier to self teach the ccna course and then get help on the more difficult ccnp with issues like Bgp, stp ospf etc. Thats the way i would prefer to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yup the material is harder but I think it's a question of psychology vs. the actual course content. Folks new to Cisco are more likely to be unsure about the CCNA and do some kind of course for it even though the material is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Here's another place for the course..

New Horizons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Here's another place for the course..

New Horizons
    New Horizons are very professional. I can reccomend them highly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Global Knowledge do it also I believe.

But, I'd reccommend you look into some training material first before doing it, and work with a good bit of Cisco equipment.Its a tough course, so best have a bit of an idea what they'll be dealing with, regardless of whether you're CCNA or not, before you go in.

Advertisement