Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Poilshed Floor Tiles

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

I am looking at large (60 cm x 60cm) polished tiles for my new kitchen. Has anyone has any experience with these? I have a few questions?

• Are they difficult to lay? I have done a lot of my own tiling but never with these big tiles.
    • Are they difficult to keep clean?
    • The tiles are off white. What colour grout would I use? Is white grout a no no?
    • Is 10% extra based on floor area enough or would I need extra based on the size of the tiles?

Any other tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Are they difficult to lay? I have done a lot of my own tiling but never with these big tiles. Yes, floor must be EXTREMELY level
    Are they difficult to keep clean? Yes
    The tiles are off white. What colour grout would I use? Is white grout a no no?Probably light grey
    Is 10% extra based on floor area enough or would I need extra based on the size of the tiles?Work out the number of tiles to cover the width and the number of tiles to cover the length and multiply together rather than just working on the actual area

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i m shopping around for my kitchen floor but i wouldn't buy them,
    not easy to lay.
    hard to keep clean.
    expensive option.
    and on top of that these tiles can easily get stain (which is not removable) :mad:

Advertisement