Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me or does this seem cheap?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

- Intel E6600 Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
    - (Any decent case with enough usb/hard drive slots if fine)
    - 620W power supply
    - 4GB DDRII RAM PC800
    - Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI So 775 Motherboard
    - Geforce 8800GTX PCIExpress Graphics 768MB
    - 6channel sound, USB2, GB LAN on board
    - 500GB S-ATAII Hard drive
    - 16x DVD+/-RW/Dual Layer SATA DVD writer
    - Floppy drive
    - Logitech Cordless keyboard + optical mouse
    - Logitech 5.1 subwoofer & speakers
    - Nero Express,PowerDVD

I dont want to tell you the price on this because it will effect your guesses but anyway, long story short about a year and 1/2 ago i bought parts and built my own pc but somehow being on for over a year and 1/2 without being turned off was bad for it... i dont get it if you turn you pc on too many times it will stop working, if you leave it on it will stop working,

Anyway my grafix card and aparently the cpu or else the motherboard is dead so instead of fixing what i have i decided i needed a nice new grafix card, which means a new motherboard, which means a new cpu so cost wise instead of doing it myself i thought of paying the extra 100 euro and getting a guarantee with my pc so if it ****s up this time i can blame someone besides myself, just because pc components are built for users and not excessive pc users does not mean i should have to spend money every year year or so fixing my pc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Um, leaving it on or switching it on and off at every use should not cause the components to fail. Most likely it would be the powersupply failing for over heating which will take a few things with it!

What is your question by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

sorry anti, my question was how much would all that cost? roughly

Id say it was my power supply because it died after a year and a bit and only 1 and 1/2 of 4 fans where working when ibought a new power supply only 2/4 fans where working, grafix card and cpu not working :(

anyway any idea how much that setup would cost cause i got a cheap price on it and i want to compare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

well to buy it all new would only cost about 1000€ so since its about a year old about 800/900€

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Thanks again Anti,

I thought it should be more than that, i mean the only way to get that grafix card for less than 450/500 would be if you worked in distrubution or owned a company. Then you have to also buy a

motherboard
    case
    quad core cpu
    4GB DDR II
    500gb SATA II
    power suyply

could you pick up those 6 things above for 400/500 euro? i work in distrubition and ye i could get that all ex vat for cheap but once you add 21% the price goes up.

My guess at the cost would have been 1150 maybe 1200

i was getting it for about 1350 and tbh ill happily pay the 150 because although i can and have done it myself i dont get a guarantee with it, also i dont even have 10 free mins to myself very busy these days so as i can see your paying 150 for assembly and delivary and one of my mates bought a pc a little while back from alienware spent about 4k i think and that pc matches it for 1k its amazing how much people will pay for logos like alienware pc's or nuke runners ect.

Anyway thanks again anti

Advertisement