Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinder Problem

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Have a small problem with my grinder I have an ascaso Mini. This morning my portafilter only half filled. On Further inspection noticed that the exit hole from the grinder was blocked.

Cleaned it out and re grinded all now seems fine.

Is this a problem that anybody else has or how can i avoid the this happening again.

Was think that it might be the grind being so fine

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Similar thing happens me when I change beans sometimes. Normally sorts itself out with a little persuasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Thank you MR M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I've the same Grinder and have, on multiple occassions blocked it up. There's one small screw at the top behind the hopper. If you unscrew it you'll have better access to the exit hole and it's fairly easy to clean then. I only partially retightened the screw since I've had to do this more than once.

cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Talked to one of the suppliers yesterday and his advice was to use the vacuum cleaner on the exit spout twice a month to suck out old grinds:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

haha, that's a new one on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jimmytwo

banaco73 wrote:
    Talked to one of the suppliers yesterday and his advice was to use the vacuum cleaner on the exit spout twice a month to suck out old grinds:)

I've been known to do that myself :D

Advertisement