Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Speaky de Engrish ?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Bambi wrote:
    And you're the one whining about sweeping generalisations? :)

I didn't mention anything about sweeping generalisations, but at least you admit it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Not true. Its too late, none are open. Spreading lies on the internet! For shame!

:D

Can't believe I posted that!! I'd had a few and I think I meant to post it somewhere else.

Actually thelastangryman, I ordered the Chinese from the Emerald on Dublin Rd in Belfast. They will take telephone orders until 3am, sometimes later.

Work today was not pleasant I can tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Jigsaw wrote:
    :D

Can't believe I posted that!! I'd had a few and I think I meant to post it somewhere else.

Actually thelastangryman, I ordered the Chinese from the Emerald on Dublin Rd in Belfast. They will take telephone orders until 3am, sometimes later.

Work today was not pleasant I can tell you.

Really!? Damn I wanted chinese when you posted that :(.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It only makes me mad because these people expect to be able to bring their traditions and ways with them when we can't do the same in their countries.

And wanting to learn the local language is a perfect example of that, isn't it?
    Pity there were no free logic classes on offer when you arrived from Mooncloud VI.
    when we can't do the same in their countries.

Which is why you never see Irish pubs in these foreign places, more's the pity.

When I moved to France there were free French classes on offer at the university and they were technically obligatory. Likewise when I moved to Holland there were free Dutch classes and passing the language exam was a prerequisite for applying for a number of jobs and benefit schemes. But that's the kind of nonsense that countries who want their immigrants to fit in get up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Depends on the circumstance
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    As far as rb's points go, it's not just the Polish that stick to themselves and speak their own language in Irish company. I worked for a large IT multinational and they ALL (Spanish, Italian, French, German etc) do it, and you're right, it's pure ignorance. It doesn't encourage integration, and ultimately leads to the "Us vs Them" attitude so prominent in the ghetto's of other countries which in turn presents a whole other set of problems!

Sorry just catching up with this thread but....

So fxcking what???? Why do you think there were so many irish centres set up in the UK/US and austrailia, because the irish stuck to themselves and didn't mix, if you go on holidays its not in the Spanish Tapa bars no we're in the local Irish pubs out in the resorts.

Snake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Depends on the circumstance
    if you go on holidays its not in the Spanish Tapa bars no we're in the local Irish pubs out in the resorts.

Snake

I would make an effort to go to the local places while on holiday, as many others would, so that's a sweeping generalisation.

Advertisement