Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the weirdest reason you have been woken from sleep for?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 2:05pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Or why have you woken somebody up?
    My mother woke my sister up in the middle iof the night to see was she 'alive' last night.
    I thought that was quite funny...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

I woke up once with a cat stting on my face. It wasn't even my cat. It had got in the window

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Had a friend over awhile back. I awoke when she kept asking me "Are you awake? Are you awake? Are you awake?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

i dreamed a rat was eating my ankle... it hurt too when i woke up

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rhapsody

i seem to wake up sometimes right before something happens (i dont think waking up before my alarm counts) i.e. i wake up and think "what the crap?! i could be still asleep, why did i awaken?" and then the phone rings, or the door knocks. its kinda handy i suppose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"Ted! Ted! Do you want a peanut?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

i got woke up during teh couple time. found out next morning he was asleep during it, and having a very real dream. that was weird. very weird. goes to show what you can do when you're deeply asleep

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I imagine he was just half awake and does not remember well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I woke up one night because I had fallen asleep in a position that had cut off the blood to my leg for hours, and when I moved at some stage it started flowing back in again and the it felt like beetles were eating it. That wasn't fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

was staying over at my friend's house, and was working as a waitress at the time.. woke my friend by tellin her table 3's order was ready :eek: my friend listened to me havin a full scale conversation with the "chef" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I once got woken up from a rather nice slumpber. The image was splinter... I was not amused !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

was staying in a hostle in Copanhagan a few years ago, was awoken by piss from the bed above me dripping on me. Too many beers for the German dude and too skinny a matress.

The tought of it still makes me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Wisesmurf wrote:
    was staying in a hostle in Copanhagan a few years ago, was awoken by piss from the bed above me dripping on me. Too many beers for the German dude and too skinny a matress.

The tought of it still makes me sick.
    ugh!

I had just watched we were soldiers before bed and had fallen asleep in a weird position. Was dreaming about being in a battlefield when next thing i was holding my detached arm .. lovely! Woke up and all blood had been stopped from shoulder down and the feeling of holding it, trying to wake it up, with my other hand was so surreal and scary! Took about 30seconds which felt like forever!! Right im a wuss :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SJRT2

Gabsdot wrote:
    I woke up once with a cat stting on my face. It wasn't even my cat. It had got in the window

that happened to me with my cousins cat really scared me :eek:
    made damn sure the door was shut for the rest of my stay.

was camping about two years ago got woken by people
    shouting that there were frogs hopping about the place

Oh that reminds me of waking up to the smell of buring tents a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I woke up with a strange buzzing between my nose and the pillow. I pulled my head away from the pillow really quick and a huge bumble bee, who had been trapped there flew out. I still cant belive I wasnt stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Apparently my mother used to wake me when I was a baby to take photos!

I don't remember it so it's cool!
    ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Zillah wrote: »
    I woke up one night because I had fallen asleep in a position that had cut off the blood to my leg for hours, and when I moved at some stage it started flowing back in again and the it felt like beetles were eating it. That wasn't fun.

That would freak me out:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Woke up two nights ago to my boyfriend laughing is heart out while fast asleep!! He went as far as to sit up and slap his legs(u know like ya do wen ur laughing heartily)...i got very self concious as thought he was laughing at me until he didnt answer and two mins later went back into a silent sleep??!!! He has no memory of it,nor can he remember a dream which wud cause it...it was funny for me thou..just not as funny as whatever was making him laugh!

I had an asleep convo with a friend, that culminated in me saying "No I can't get your ticket, you have to go in with your own oranges to get it" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 26dublin

Was woken up one nite by my cousin pis***g into the wadrobe,i asked him the next morning why he did it he said he was dreaming he was a fireman putting out a fire!i nearly pis*ed myself laughing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

because of whichever position i was sleeping, circulation in my arm went, and my arm went completely numb. i woke up and in a daze, noticed an arm laying there beside me, i couldnt move it or feel it, i ended up in a slight panic CONVINCED it wasnt my arm....i threw it against the wall out of shock with my other arm before i realised.that was the most scary and confusing thing ive ever awoken to

some of these are so funny....aaaaaaaah lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

This only happened last week . We had to 20 somthing females staying over with us after a family function and they were sleeping in the spare room ,anyway i /we were fast asleep in bed in the early hrs, nice and cosy and i was having this weird dream that some dark haired female was climbing intio bed beside me ...only thing was this dream seemed very real indeed and then i realised .....it was no dream ,sombody was climbing in beside me and i let out a kinda grown ...sort of like ...'' Eh , what the fcuk is going on ? '' .....i flicked on the bedside lights ,and there was this lovley creature standing there with her hand to mouth in shock ,all apoligetic .It seems the poor girl got the call of nature during the night, and not being in the house before got the bedrooms mixed up ,so she thinks she is climbing in beside her friend , .... what was even funnier was my partner was lying beside me when your wan was climbing in beside me lol.
    Next morning the talk was about the dream i had last night of this lovley girl climbing into my bed , she didnt know were to put her face LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

latchyco wrote: »
    Next morning the talk was about the dream i had last night of this lovley girl climbing into my bed , she didnt know were to put her face LOL :D

the poor girl must have been scarlet with embarrassment :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

-avey- wrote: »
    the poor girl must have been scarlet with embarrassment :eek:
    Oh she had no shame lol ,actually part of me (the ego part ) thinks she really wanted to climb in beside me , but for fcuks sake with partner beside me ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Well, it wasn't me who got woken....but I once had a patient who couldn't sleep. Like he was getting mebbe 2 hours a night, and it was really distressing him. So, the first time he managed to go 6 hours in a row we were all very happy. Til a junior nurse woke him up...to give him his sleeping pills!!!! lol. Poor guy dind't sleep for about another 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

apart from the usual being woken up by mum to make sure was sleeping ok

was on a geography feild trip when i was 15 or 16, at about 3 in the morning, our teacher came storming into our dorm, absoluting raging, he had been woken up by people running through the feild past his dorm making noise, comotion, etc, (a few of the lads had joked about doing this them selfs earlier but never went through with it, the teacher had been known him self to be a pratical joker), he came in shouting that we were the worst behaved group he had ever taken on the trip, and we were to be the very last because of this, some kid in the opisite bed got the worse of his anger, as he was sitting in the bed when he came in, "what are you doing out of bed", the poor kid had just came back from the loo,

4 hours later, same tutor came back in the dorm, smashing a broom handle and dustbin lids of the metal bed fames, "wakey wakey rise and shine", then went straight into an apolagy for the nights events, it turned out, the noise from outside his dorm, was actualy made by a teacher from another group, who had been running back wards and forwards to the medical centre tending to a sick kid from her school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

A small tumbler of whiskey which I'd forgotten to drink before I drifted off into a wealter of illucid dreams and fanciable conundrums-strange thing was,the tumbler was right beside my left ear lobe so a quicker awakening could easily have sent the tumbler rolling off the front door step-lucky for me I saved it by a whiskers shave and laddered it back - thought about it three days later and decided there must ave been a reason for me to awaken considering the kings fill of alcohol I'd consumed before my premature comatose

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

I had lost my watch that my parents gave me for my 21st birthday and had been searching high and low. I had kinda forgotten about searching for it when one night I had a dream that I was in bed and these blue spongey shapes were falling on me and I was batting them away. Suddenly they stopped falling so I reached under my bed to find out what they were. I felt a kind of jolt, like I was waking, and then the first thing I put my hand on was my watch that I had been searching for.:D Wore it to work to make sure it wasnt a dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

I was woke up by my brother 2 weeks ago for no reason other than the kettle was boiled and if I wanted tea.He was just back from the states, new york, I didnt see him in 1 and a half years and the first thing he says "Fancy a hot cuppa tea and a bit of a scone", Mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

I was woke up by my brother 2 weeks ago for no reason other than the kettle was boiled and if I wanted tea.He was just back from the states, new york, I didnt see him in 1 and a half years and the first thing he says "Fancy a hot cuppa tea and a bit of a scone", Mental.
    I love it - no red carpets in your house...I take it the scone was piping hot or did he bring it back with him from the States...once woke to the sound of tolling bells...turns out it was the alarm on my neighbours shed and nimble fingered thieves were making off with his new electric lawnmower(this was the eighties~)-Naturally i fell back asleep grinning at his misfortune

Advertisement