Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very dumb DNS question ..

• 11-09-2007 2:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Y'all be thinking what a slaphead after reading this but how and ever. How long does it take of a website name/domain to register on the DNS against it's IP address? I was given a quick project for a small company and provided with the hosting and domain name. All grand, I FTP'd on, uploaded the sample code I'd written to see what changes I needed to make and then tried to access the page. Host unrecognised. I can ping the IP address but I can't ping the name (not resolved) so is it just a matter of wait a day or two or should I get back onto the web-host?

Second part of the question (even more dumb than the first :D) the server is a windows environment (though shared with a few users). Because of this I am unfamiliar with the folder layout (am used to working on UNIX hosts or completely owned Windows hosts). I have a root folder and several sub-folders one of which is wwwroot. My instincts tell me to put my files there and not in the root fodler but I just want to check with anyone who has prior experience.

Many thanks and sorry again for the dumbness

-RD

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

The host has just resolved itself and I can now see which folder is default for my files so thanks to anyone posting and sorry for the inconvenience

-RD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

The host has just resolved itself and I can now see which folder is default for my files so thanks to anyone posting and sorry for the inconvenience

-RD

Good to hear you got it solved. I personally hate and love when things like that happen as you learn something your unlikely to ever forget.

:D

Advertisement