Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XFX 7950GT 256Mb PCI-E

Options
  • 11-09-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I got this card about 3 months ago as a replacement for a XFX 7900GT. The 7950 has no fan & works on a silent cooling system:rolleyes:
    Which means it relies on the case's cooling system, I didn't really relies this till I had accepted the replacement. After 3 months the card has started to act up,
    some of the writing in the bios post is distorted, when windows loads I sometimes get little green dots in certain parts of the screen. Games cause even more problems like ramps/lines from certain objects leading off to edge of screen.
    Anyway it seems to me that the card is overheating as my case's cooling system leaves something to be desired. So what I want to ask is do you think I should return the card(it will be 2nd return for original card) & will they accept it?
    Also I could get another case fan & improve the cases cooling system but to be honest i am kinda fed up XFX cards.
    Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

IF the card is still in warranty then go for it, tell them a fanless card is not suitible for your system. Also, do get some better case fans that will provide more cool air in, and hot air out. As you dont want your cpu or ram to fry.

Advertisement