Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Computing & Information Systems (part-time) course in DBS cancelled

Options
  • 11-09-2007 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

So, 10 days before the course was due to start I've just been told the MSc in Computing & Information Systems (part-time) course in Dublin Business School has been cancelled. This is due to not enough people applying for the course.

As I had paid for my place in the course I assumed everything was hunky dorey so I didn't apply anywhere else.

Now I've just lost a year.

Really really disappointing.

I can't believe they left it so late to cancel the course.

AARRRGH.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

dublindude wrote:
    So, 10 days before the course was due to start I've just been told the MSc in Computing & Information Systems (part-time) course in Dublin Business School has been cancelled. This is due to not enough people applying for the course.

As I had paid for my place in the course I assumed everything was hunky dorey so I didn't apply anywhere else.

AARRRGH.

You could contact the course coordinators in CSI in UCD and ask about their MSc courses. It's on the late side but they might be willing to listen given your circumstances? (I cannot guarantee they will) http://www.csi.ucd.ie/ (contact coordinator directly and CC course administrator).

Would a Hdip suit you? http://csserver.ucd.ie/~aquigley/Hdip.xml (I'm the course coordinator and classes have started but when we hear of such things happening we do try to help out).

Aaron.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dublindude wrote:

AARRRGH.

Where are you located/working? There are plenty of MSc's knocking around, and you should be able to get in at this stage.

Advertisement