Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WGC.Com Ripping me off?

• 11-09-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I've had a huge number of problems with these lads. But today my heart was really broken. I've spent 1600 euro on an order from these lads only today to receive a parcel containing 3 bags of bb's, one t-shirt, a large gun bag and two speedloaders. Gutted isn't the word I'd use to describe my feelings. I don't know how on earth they could have thought such items would cost 1600 euro or several hundred dollars in shipping. I really feel sick about this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Boston wrote:
    I've had a huge number of problems with these lads. But today my heart was really broken. I've spent 1600 euro on an order from these lads only today to receive a parcel containing 3 bags of bb's, one t-shirt, a large gun bag and two speedloaders. Gutted isn't the word I'd use to describe my feelings. I don't know how on earth they could have thought such items would cost 1600 euro or several hundred dollars in shipping. I really feel sick about.

What did you order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

are you sure that's the full order? maybe it was sent in two seperate packages? I'd definitely be ringing them to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bewildered

Im sure thats not the whole order. What did you actually order from them, they might have just mixed up the details with someone else. It's not like you've just lost 1600, you have plenty of options even if they did try to rip you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Can't ring untill tomorrow morning due to time difference. full order here.

1 X MZ-PS-P99DSMP
    2 X MZ-MAG-P99
    2 X KA-BL-02BK
    1 X TM-PS-DE5HK
    2 X TM-MAG-DE5HK
    1 X KA-HS-1403BK
    2 X INT-84-1400AK

2 x GD-CG-B08 Guarder Weapon Transport Case - 42
    1 x GP-CG-536A G&P Mask with OEF Series USMC Goggle ( 3mm PC Glasses, Black )
    1 x GP-CG-572A G&P Special Forces Goggle with Mask ( Black )
    2 x INT-84-1400M Intellect 8.4V 1400mAh - Mini Type ( Ni-MH )
    1 x MIL-PG01AXL Mil-Force SWAT Leather Gloves ( Half Fingers, XLarge )
    2 x OT-CHR-BC725A Mini Fast Charger BC-725A by Super
    2 x STAR-AEG-G36 Star G36 AEG
    2 x STAR-MAG-G36140P Star 140 Rounds Magazine for G36 Series ( Box Set )
    8 x TM-BB-020 Marui 0.2g BB ( 3500 Pellets )

It just doesn't make sensse them splitting the parcel and sending me a T-shirt i didn't ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

ive read some of your replies in other threads such as surfing and the likes and il i can say is LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

All that wound never go in one parcel and Id say the T-Shirt is a freebie thank you for the big order. Id say you have at least another 2 boxes coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

if i were a betting man its in multiple shipments. check the tracking id or tracking ids....it looks like you just received the first part, the rest are probably in customs...

wgc have been around for years, so i would not have any concerns to be honest...they also have that credit system in place, so it could be because you ordered so much they are offering freebies...

i see Rew is saying the same....sorry too slow typing

stewie01 wrote:
    ive read some of your replies in other threads such as surfing and the likes and il i can say is LOL.
    You realise we got St finnians bay mentioned on the radio mate?

Anyway, Your recon Rew? Just had so much BS with these lads its not even funny. When I found out what had arrived, my heart sank. I suppose its logical that there would be more then one parcel
    if i were a betting man its in multiple shipments. check the tracking id or tracking ids....it looks like you just received the first part, the rest are probably in customs...

wgc have been around for years, so i would not have any concerns to be honest...they also have that credit system in place, so it could be because you ordered so much they are offering freebies...

Only the one tracker ID, how would i know if it was held up in customs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

i couldnt care i dont surf, you just came across as a complete plonker while reading the thread and i find this hilarious. good to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

stewie01 wrote:
    i couldnt care i dont surf, you just came across as a complete plonker while reading the thread and i find this hilarious. good to hear.

Do you have any interest in Airsoft or are you just here being a muppet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

stewie01 wrote:

Goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Whats the domain for these guys

http://wgc.com/ just leads to a search portal

Thanks Oisin. I've kinda claimed down abit ( 2 hours after news broke). Theres actually no way this was on parcel giving the weight restrictions of something like 35kg per parcel the carrier has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

to me, wgc is the best airsoft online shop, ever.
    i made countless grouped orders with them, most of them over $2000
    never had any single issue. they're also the best at making safe parcels, too.
    i have a real good contact with them and i can assure you one thing : they don't rip off anyone.

so just be patient and expect the rest of your order to arrive in separate parcels :)

edit : its http://www.wgcshop.com

Boston wrote:
    You realise we got St finnians bay mentioned on the radio mate?

Anyway, Your recon Rew? Just had so much BS with these lads its not even funny. When I found out what had arrived, my heart sank. I suppose its logical that there would be more then one parcel

Only the one tracker ID, how would i know if it was held up in customs?

email them dude....what BS did you get...they have a very big reputation, i have ordered a good bit off them...i suppose they can make a mistake like anyone but on an order that big i would be suprised. the only other thing i can think of is did you request to split the order if some was out of stock? with an order that big it might be a stock issue, altho they normally tell you.

41 emails back and forth plus two phone calls to HK got me to this stage.

Initially some items where out of stock (the two rifles) so they emailled me saying they where out of stock and asked what I wanted to do. I jsut replied saying I'd wait, and in the mean time would they mind adding a few additional items to my order. The adding of items to the order ( a simple matter) took three weeks. Every time i would add email them my list they would reply with a quote for different stuff, over and over again i repeated the process and over and over they kept quoting me the wrong items. I was receiving replies with quotes for items i didn't ask for, despite the items I did ask for being clearly visible in the reply email (reply contained my email to them)

I eventually got on the phone to the guy i was dealing with (not easy given time difference) and got him to go through the my last email over the phone, where he acknowledged the wrong quote (they had literally started to ignore my emails, it was amazing, and where waiting payment for the goods quoted ). So I eventually got that sorted out and received the quote for the right goods, paid it and went on my way. Then discovered as i was splitting the bill that I'd be over charged by a couple hundred dollars. Thus followed another rounds of "refund me" and "sorry can't do that, i can add items to you order".

Its been about six weeks in all and it would not have surprised me at all to receive completely the wrong stuff.

Sounds like the work of an office temp with a bad attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

All the pissing about asside, this package sounds like a complimentary pack Boston - and thatd probably be shipped under a different cover to that of your ordered items. Dunno about airsoft but its been my experience in other areas.

I'm just confused by there being only one tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

If it was a complimentary package it possibly wouldnt have a tracker ID attached to it since it wasnt an order persé, or its been a case of IQ deficient Admin on their part.

Id let it ride and itll unravel itself eventually .

its normal that theres only one tracking number. it happens sometimes.

example :
    my parents just shipped to me all my stuff from france. 3 parcels. 3 french tracking numbers. 1 irish tracking number.
    let the post guys do their job :p

Boston wrote:
    41 emails back and forth plus two phone calls to HK got me to this stage.

Initially some items where out of stock (the two rifles) so they emailled me saying they where out of stock and asked what I wanted to do. I jsut replied saying I'd wait, and in the mean time would they mind adding a few additional items to my order. The adding of items to the order ( a simple matter) took three weeks. Every time i would add email them my list they would reply with a quote for different stuff, over and over again i repeated the process and over and over they kept quoting me the wrong items. I was receiving replies with quotes for items i didn't ask for, despite the items I did ask for being clearly visible in the reply email (reply contained my email to them)

I eventually got on the phone to the guy i was dealing with (not easy given time difference) and got him to go through the my last email over the phone, where he acknowledged the wrong quote (they had literally started to ignore my emails, it was amazing, and where waiting payment for the goods quoted ). So I eventually got that sorted out and received the quote for the right goods, paid it and went on my way. Then discovered as i was splitting the bill that I'd be over charged by a couple hundred dollars. Thus followed another rounds of "refund me" and "sorry can't do that, i can add items to you order".

Its been about six weeks in all and it would not have surprised me at all to receive completely the wrong stuff.

holy crap :eek: ...man that is terrible...jeasus i would go on arnies, see can you get the name of someone there in charge and explain what has happened...

i will have a look and see do i have a name in emails of someone i got....

Just off the phone. Aparently only one parcel was sent, and they want me take a photo of what arrived and email it back to them. He seemed very amazed that I received a T-Shirt. I can see this taking weeks to resolve. onto a guy called Leo Tam now, previous guy was Martin.

Edit: as i type this just got a reply from martin telling me he shipped it in two, with two tracking numbers (never told me the second one) Its in transit, yea baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Boston wrote:
    Just off the phone. Aparently only one parcel was sent, and they want me take a photo of what arrived and email it back to them. He seemed very amazed that I received a T-Shirt. I can see this taking weeks to resolve. onto a guy called Leo Tam now, previous guy was Martin.

Edit: as i type this just got a reply from martin telling me he shipped it in two, with two tracking numbers (never told me the second one) Its in transit, yea baby.

Reminds me of the babies vest and high heel boots I received from Uncompany. And no, they were complimentary items for placing a large order :D

If you have any more hassle, don't forget to remind Martin/Leo Tam of this forum/thread and that WGC's sales could suffer because of it.

I don't know if I'd be on for threatening people like that. if you go down that road theres a hole load of crap, and if the site owners start getting threatening letters about libel comments and defamation you'll find a lot of people sticking their ore in here. Also they are reasonably grand, just never ever ever try to add something to an order with them.

if its a black or tan polo shirt with wgc logo, thats the usual gift for big orders (i got tens of those)

It has landed and I didn't get done for customs woot (I've 240 euro more then I thought I had as a result)

Boston wrote:
    It has landed and I didn't get done for customs woot (I've 240 euro more then I thought I had as a result)

Ssshhhhhh! Dont jinx it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Boston wrote:

sweetness, its always a bonus when that happens, leaves more money for extras in the next order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

To be honest Iv never had any hassle off WGC. I think you jumped the gun a little on posting this thread considering they have probably the best reputation in the Airsoft world! They were voted No.1 HK retailer recently. Your comments could be considered libel could they not?

Im just saying, correspond with the retailer before posting a thread like this. As a matter of fact if you checked the box the stuff came in it usually has a 1/3 or whatever on it.

Iv dealt with Martin Chan myself and I must say he was probably the most helpful customer service guy Iv ever spoken to!

Im not trying to start a fight, just a little patience is always wiser than flaming a reliable, cheap retailer like this!

EDIT: Infact Oisin will probably remember the issue I had with my first TR. They shipped it and the tracking on AnPost said "Into Customs". After about a month of messing around with AnPost I got onto WGC. Within a week of contacting them my P90 was on my doorstep because they obviously went out of their way to make it so.

well i think its always easy to be logical, when it not my money...however when it is...logic and money are not good bedfellows...

Harekin wrote:
    To be honest Iv never had any hassle off WGC. I think you jumped the gun a little on posting this thread considering they have probably the best reputation in the Airsoft world! They were voted No.1 HK retailer recently. Your comments could be considered libel could they not?

Yes, however I have records of the over charging and messing up of the order. These are facts and fully acknowledged by WGC. The "ripping me off is posed as a question, hence the question mark. If the moderator doubts the validity of any of the claims I've made I'll happily pass on emails.
    Im just saying, correspond with the retailer before posting a thread like this. As a matter of fact if you checked the box the stuff came in it usually has a 1/3 or whatever on it.

41 emails and 2 phone calls before posting, another 2 emails and another phone call after. The last phone call the guy told me specifically that I was receiving one parcel and only one parcel. It hand't a 3rd of what i ordered it had like $50 worth of stuff. This is hardly a case of the first sign of trouble, on to the internet with "I R BEING SCAMMED". This is has taken 6 weeks basically being ignored by there customer support.
    Iv dealt with Martin Chan myself and I must say he was probably the most helpful customer service guy Iv ever spoken to!

He ignored my emails, he blantantly misquoted me items, he over charged me and he failed to pass on details relating to the tracking number. Yes you got great service, I didn't. You've no idea how frustrating it is with the time different (1 email 1 reply the following day)to spend a week repeatedly sending emails saying

'These are the items i want, not the ones you quoted me'
    'no I only what these items'
    'There seems to be some kind of problem here, I what these items not the ones you quoted me'
    'Please just these ones'
    'this is my total order, i only want the items on this list'

Then to ring them up and be told Yea we're waiting on your payment after being ignored for 3 days.
    Im not trying to start a fight, just a little patience is always wiser than flaming a reliable, cheap retailer like this!

6 weeks man, 6 weeks.
    EDIT: Infact Oisin will probably remember the issue I had with my first TR. They shipped it and the tracking on AnPost said "Into Customs". After about a month of messing around with AnPost I got onto WGC. Within a week of contacting them my P90 was on my doorstep because they obviously went out of their way to make it so.

Their obviously a great company when things go right. At the end of the day i got what i paid for and it all arrived intact and in good order. I'd recommend them to anyone solely based on that, but never ever try to add items to an order. The software system they have is clearly not robust enough to handle it. At the end of the day no one can deny i've had pretty ****ty service from them.

In order for it to be libel it needs to be a) false b) intended to cause harm to business c) be in print from a reputable news source.

Thats the generally accepted standard for libel actions.

In this case Boston is relating his personal experience with this company which just happens to have been bloody awful. It doesnt make it libel that he is speaking negatively about them, it makes it opinion and experience - both of which are perfectly fine.

In order for it to be libel it needs to be a) false b) intended to cause harm to business c) be in print from a reputable news source.

I can't talk about the circumstances of this (actually no one can without a ban risk) but as far as c) goes, boards.ie qualifies. If you type in 'suing boards.ie' into google you'll get the details.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    I can't talk about the circumstances of this (actually no one can without a ban risk) but as far as c) goes, boards.ie qualifies. If you type in 'suing boards.ie' into google you'll get the details.

It might qualify under part c but not under parts a&b ... so long as its true and reflects personal experience then you are in the clear.

If you start claiming that they are exploiting cambodian orphans for organ harvesting then you might be in trouble - without evidence.

lol, wgc touched me in my special place.

Boston wrote:
    lol, wgc touched me in my special place.

Now THAT probably is libel :p

Boston wrote:

well, technically that hasnt been decided yet as that particular case is still ongoing, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

kdouglas wrote:
    well, technically that hasnt been decided yet as that particular case is still ongoing, no?

And as far as I know, no discussion is allowed on that sensitive topic either :p

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote:

The admins are taking the stance on C) as outlined based on legal advice, hence some sever rules changes. I can't comment on the case as I know nothing.

aye, good point, back on topic then...

all is sorted with wgc i guess, so er... i guess the topic is finished

Advertisement