Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Questions

Options
  • 11-09-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

1. Where are students allowed park?
    2. Is it always free if you have your student card?
    3. What are the worst times for getting a space?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

1. Where are students allowed park?
    Anywhere there is a free space.
    2. Is it always free if you have your student card?
    No. You have to pay in the Pay and Display areas. The thing about student cards is part of the new parking policy where you need to prove you have business on campus and not just park and riders, but you still have to pay in the Pay and Display areas.
    3. What are the worst times for getting a space?
    In my experience between 9.30 and 12 is the worst time. Because everyone is arriving and no one is leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

thanks. which are the pay and display areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Theres 3 afaik. Part of the car park beside the 5-a-side pitches at the sports centre, part of the gravel car park opposite Quinn and the main part of the car park opposite the No.10 bus stop beside the chaplaincy. There should be signs up at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Dont have a lecture until 12. Going in now to ensure i get a place. Isnt driving to college such a convienience :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

It was nice coming in this morning though, when I showed my student card the checker guys said "good man", which I thought was a nice start to the day.
    One achievement already!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

When I got here at 9 the carparks on the clonskeagh side were almost full. Double plus fun !

Clonskeagh side is going to be a nightmare in the mornings until the tent has gone away when it will revert to being just bad. The builders should be leaving from Health Sciences soon though, should free up some spaces for you evil car drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bigstar97

speaking of builders in health sciences.. what are they doing? i mean is health sciences a new building that they are finishing or is it that they are renovating?

They're finishing the third phase of the the building, not sure what's going in there though. The 2nd bit (Medicine) was only finished around October last year, before that it was just Nursing in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Tayto2000 wrote:
    They're finishing the third phase of the the building, not sure what's going in there though. The 2nd bit (Medicine) was only finished around October last year, before that it was just Nursing in the place.

Legal Medicine and the Bureau for Road Safety and their laboratories are going in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

got a question

do you have to display youre stu card or something when parking?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

woop wrote:
    got a question

do you have to display youre stu card or something when parking?

Just show it to any guy who looks like they may have a right to see it. You don't have to leave it in the car or anything!

And that's usually only before 10.30 usually, while the traffic calming is in place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

yeah i only got asked for it onece, but i leave last years one on the dash anyway just in case:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yeah i only got asked for it onece, but i leave last years one on the dash anyway just in case

tyeh p-nut thats the main reason I thought one might have to. actually they parking chaps are doing a fair amount of the old clamping these days, seen 3 cars clamped within a few metres of each other:eek: were they even there last year? maybe Im just paying more attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Indeed - I saw a few clamped cars today on Greenfield Park (north side, near Health Sciences).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Suppose some day nobody paid the parking charges would they have enough clamps?

The clamping company must have a lot of clamps in reserve... Was the record 30+ cars last year near Quinn school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

yup!! a whole row was clamped! it was the infamous "three rows of cars where there's only meant to be two" day of parking. thankfully i wasnt clamped!!

Advertisement