Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Monastery Hill?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

What bus do I get from town to get closest to Monastery Hill?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Bus Eireann have the only feedback forum, ever, that actually returned to my Inbox, an "Message Delivery Failed, No Such Inbox" type rror.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That page links you to the "contact phone numbers" page for Bus Eireann, on the basis that talking to someone who knew about their various routes would probably get you closest to where you need to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

223???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I presume by Monastery Hill you mean in Rochestown? That would be the 223 (a fine bus indeed, my bus to be precise...)

You can get it at the back of the bus station, timetable is here. It's the buses marked B on the timetable that go up the hill, there's not a whole lot, but you can get off at the cross at bottom of hill at the Rochestown Inn, it's just under a mile to the Monastery, so 15 minute walk...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

Is is Monastery Hill up the top of Blarney St you mean? I don't think any bus goes directly there, but the Number 2 is probably the closest to it. Ask Bus Eireann themselves. Or someone in a local shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ya get the number two bus and get off at the first stop after the church then walk down the laneway (well now it's a road) and it's at the bottom.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Well OP any chance of letting folk know which Monastery Hill you mean ?

Advertisement