Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What student grants am i entitled too

Options
  • 11-09-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Does anyone know what other student grants i may be entitled too . I'm on a back to education scheme ( as an independent student ) and have applied for a higher education grant

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

The student support advisor for your local site (based on the students' union offices) should be able to answer your questions on grants, etc. If not they will be able to refer you to someone else who can, such as Aimee O'Callaghan the Student Affairs Manager of the Students' Union

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

taken from mygrant.ie...
    Please keep in mind that the deadline for applying for a maintenance grant is the 31st of August, and that it can take some time to get the paperwork together. Some local authorities/VECs will allow applications after this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

The stuff from mygrant.ie is true and correct (as it should be!) but don't forget that DIT also has numerous Student Assistance Funds (Rent Assistance, Travel Assistance, etc, etc) which can be applied for throughout the entire year. They are designed for people in real hardship but pop into your local union for more info!

Dunners wrote:
    The stuff from mygrant.ie is true and correct (as it should be!)

Yeah!

Sorry, I'll be moving along now.

Advertisement