Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper childcare option

Options
  • 11-09-2007 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there,
    Just wondering does anyone know of any alternatives to expensive childcare such as pooling a qualified nurse or the likes. All stories and suggestions greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Not sure where you are living but in Dublin City there are some creches run by the VDP and only cost about 50e per week, I think.... My mother works in a creche like this and the only problem is that there is usually a waiting list or some don't take any until the child is 2 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NiamhB

Sorry, but what is the VDP and I could I please ask where your mother works? Have never heard of this before....thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Sorry, the VDP is the Vincent DePaul Association. There are 2 of these creches in the Dublin 2 area but if you contact the VDP they can tell you where exactly they have these creches as I am sure there is more within the City Centre.

Also, the magicmum website will be able to give you more ideas on cheaper childcare or on pooling as there is alot more parents on there.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

There are also many community creches and playgroups, funded by the govt to provide affordable childcare for those who need it. Contact your local County Childcare Committee.

Advertisement