Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 325i SE - am I mad to get one?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

E92 wrote:
    An E39 Irish spec 530d with front PDC, adaptive headlights, auto dim & fold mirrors as standard:eek: ?

I really don't believe that, unless its not an Irish spec model.
    I was asking a guy in a BMW dealership about the differences between UK and Irish models, and he said that there is no real difference in spec, as BMW UK and Ireland are one company.. Could be BS.

My car is a UK car - couldn't find an Irish one in the same nick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

commited wrote:
    I was asking a guy in a BMW dealership about the differences between UK and Irish models, and he said that there is no real difference in spec, as BMW UK and Ireland are one company.. Could be BS.

My car is a UK car - couldn't find an Irish one in the same nick ;)

That explains it then.

You're right, since about 2004 when BMW took over the importation and distribution of cars themselves, they treat the UK and Irish market as one. BMW Ireland today is a subsidary of BMW GB.

Today, Irish spec BMWs are identical to UK spec models, apart from the speedo in km/h for us and in mph for GB.

But before 2004 Irish spec BMWs were the same as German spec models, and hence came with very little as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

A fountain of knowledge! That explains why I couldn't find many original irish sports, I just assumed it was because it was Ireland... Great cars though, wherever they're specced from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

E92 wrote:
    Congrats. The E90 is a lovely car anyway, never driven one, but a pleasure to be driven in, hopefully you will enjoy the lovely growl the 6 pot engine makes when you give it a few revs:D .

What is it? Is it an E90(Saloon), E91(Touring), E92(Coupé) or E93(Coupé-Cabrio)?

absolutely love that sound! dont think i'll have the radio on at all! I think thats part of the reason the diesel rattle was so unappealing. I'm actually looking forward to my drive to work on Monday - lots of twisty country roads. its an e90 btw.

Advertisement