Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Focus - possible clutch problem

Options
  • 11-09-2007 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I was driving my Mums Focus over the weekend and noticed that when the clutch is fully depressed and when the steering wheel is almost at full turn at low speed there is a slight grinding that can be felt through the clutch.

It feels as if the clutch is not quite fully in so there is still a very slight connection between the engine and wheels. I found it strange that as the steering wheel is turned you can feel the point where this happens.

Does anyone know how a clutch problem could relate to the position the front wheels are pointing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

GB15 wrote:
    there is a slight grinding that can be felt through the clutch.

You should either have the clutch pedal pressed in fully or your foot off it!

Is the car slipping going up hills? Are there noises? Smells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Just to clarify - It happens when the clutch is fully pressed down to the floor (I think the word depressed can be confusing).

Other than that there's no smells or noises. Again its a very mild sensation that comes through the pedal. I said it to my Mum who also said she felt it.

It doesn't cause any adverse affects to the car but it would be good to find out what it is in case it turns into something worse.

Advertisement