Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loop on boot...

Options
  • 11-09-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

just put together a new machine:
    abit IP35-E
    core 2 E6550 (stock cooling)
    corsair xms2 6400
    seasonic s12 500w

am using an old pci-e card til new ati 1950 pro arrives.

now why the f*ck does it loop at boot?
    it starts and is on for 5 seconds (no display) and then restarts, same again and again.
    when i removed the processor it stayed on when i powered it up but no display.

i've only built 5 systems in the last few years but i've never hit a problem, i'm a bit clueless when i can't even get a post screen...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

nevermind, prob sorted now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

how'd you fix it someone else might like to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

He forgot to plug in the extra 12V cable near the socket ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

:d

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Chosen wrote:
    He forgot to plug in the extra 12V cable near the socket ;)

actually, no. i had everything plugged in and sound, as usual, the one thing i did forget to do was clear the cmos. that sorted it all out, thank f*ck.

now i don't know why that worked, if anyone could tell me why it did i'd really appreciate it? i mean, the entire cpu is fresh, only out of its packaging this morning...

i am also aware of the infamous double-boot on this board but i have the bios update, just to ease your mind...

• Advertisement
Advertisement