Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do UTV enforce their bandwidth cap?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Question for UTV broadband users.....

Have you ever exceeded your bandwidth usage cap? and if so have UTV charged/cut you off because of this?

I assumed they would but a friend of mine on BT says he exceedes his cap all the time and never gets charged so just wondering if UTV have a similar policy or if they strictly enforce caps.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sconsey wrote:
    Hi,

Question for UTV broadband users.....

Have you ever exceeded your bandwidth usage cap? and if so have UTV charged/cut you off because of this?

I assumed they would but a friend of mine on BT says he exceedes his cap all the time and never gets charged so just wondering if UTV have a similar policy or if they strictly enforce caps.

Thanks

Yes they have always been consistent in enforcing it very precisely indeed.

They have a facility where you can buy 'ulimited download' for a monthly payment -give customer services a ring for full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

There is an option in your account maintence:
    Once i reach my cap suspend my account for the month OR
    Charge me for going over it.

There is an unlimited option for 5.99 a month extra which i use. You can go at it like crazy so long as you dont use P2P or heavly download between the hours of 6pm and 11pm. I find this ok as i do most browsing then and dont want it slowed up in any ways by downloading.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe UTV are pretty fair when it comes to there packages, the fact they offer an "unlimited" option is a big plus

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

i do believe that there is maybe similar option with digiweb....i have to ring them and ask

Advertisement