Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB availability in Faughart nr Dundalk Co. Louth

Options
  • 11-09-2007 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi all,

Making an enquiry as to broadband availability in Faughart Co. Louth (just off the M1 motorway near the ballymac roundabout). Faughart is just north of dundalk and perhaps 3-4miles from town centre.

I know digiweb are probably available but would like to know if Eircom/BT are available?

If a landline option is out I was wondering how digiweb stack up?

I know sky do a BB package in the UK but I think this is landline and not satelitte based? No chance of this here anytime soon though imo!:rolleyes:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Net1 perhaps. A fixed wireless and local outfit. Not the easiest people to contact, but generally good service.

My only other suggestion is a very basic one. Get the number of someone in the area and check the line on eircom.ie or BTireland.com etc.

I believe Faughart is covered by the Ravensdale exchange (phone numbers 9358xxx and 9371xxx), which is about a mile or so up the old N1 from the ballymac roundabout. It's a red brick shed-like building with a flat roof. You usually can get broadband up to five miles away as the telephone line runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Thanks mate! The house would be less than 5 miles from the exchange.
    I think I had the correct number for the primary school and ran that but it did not pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Funny that... I tried the number for the primary school in Faughart (9371931) and it came up as a conditional pass. To the best of my knowledge it means that the line is long and within a mile or so of the limit.

I checked some other numbers and most seem to be conditional passes or normal passes, so you should get it *once* there's no pairgain connected.

Digiweb's Metro service seems pretty good and I guess the quality would be excellent in Dundalk;) Their FWA product (ordinary wireless) is much slower for the price, but it never gives any problems for me, beyond slow speeds in the evening if you're on a busy mast.

Irish Broadband's breeze service might be possible also. They have the best upload speeds on the market and they are now providing a reliable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Cheers TBC,

I in my wisdom did the line check on the 'outdated' government website.
    I just tried BT, Eircom with the number along with IBB and all came up good which is a relief.

Cheers for the other info as well!

Advertisement