Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

A basic question I know, but where do I find my timetable? The only one I'v come across so far is the one in module registration, but it dosent show all my tutorials etc. Also my lecturer today was talking about another one, something about it having two columns? I assume it's somewhere in the Blackboard or Calendar system, but I can't find anything?

Sorry if I'm being stupid lol..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

karmabass wrote:
    A basic question I know, but where do I find my timetable? The only one I'v come across so far is the one in module registration, but it dosent show all my tutorials etc. Also my lecturer today was talking about another one, something about it having two columns? I assume it's somewhere in the Blackboard or Calendar system, but I can't find anything?

Sorry if I'm being stupid lol..

Calander in module registration or else in SIS theres a timetable section somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Yeah the SIS one is the one I'm looking for, it gives a different timetable each week where there are changes if necessary for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

karmabass wrote:
    Yeah the SIS one is the one I'm looking for, it gives a different timetable each week where there are changes if necessary for example?
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7478/timetableqn6.jpg thats it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

karmabass wrote:
    A basic question I know, but where do I find my timetable? The only one I'v come across so far is the one in module registration, but it dosent show all my tutorials etc.

This sounds like exactly the problem I'm having. This semester it's all Core, no Electives for me yet: in SIS, under Module Registration, 5 of the 6 modules have Core Labs and/or Tutorials, and all were shown as "Automatically Registered". In short, I've done everything I was asked to, and SIS tells me my registration is complete (all green).

However, when I view the SIS Calendar (the Calendar link in SIS), it shows nothing but Lectures for Semester 1. Semester 2 looks fine, with a mix of practicals and lectures, including the sole Elective and the one module where I was asked to choose a time. One lecturer today was telling everyone to select Labs in SIS, but when I told him I was automatically registered, he thought I could just look up the lab code on my Calendar...

I tried to talk to the Student Desk (Tierney Bldg.) about this today, but my timing could not have been worse: after 20 minutes wait, they could not get in to SIS, so they told me "come back later in the week". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

stereoroid wrote:
    I tried to talk to the Student Desk (Tierney Bldg.) about this today, but my timing could not have been worse: after 20 minutes wait, they could not get in to SIS, so they told me "come back later in the week".
    I had that problem last year, and they eventually sorted it out for me. You should be alright for tutorials, afaik they normally don't start until the second week. I'm not to sure about labs though, never had them myself.

• Advertisement

I've just noticed the following on the Registration page - the section starting "STUDENT FITTING: Only relevant to Science, BA Computer Science (Computer Sci modules only) and Engineering students. STAGE 1 ONLY. The dates for fitting of tutorials/labs/practicals, etc... "

That's me - Engineering, Stage 1.

Then: "Please note: During the Science student fitting, all the modules set to be fitted will be turned offline and therefore these modules will not show on your SIS record. "

Translation: if this "fitting" is the assignment of Labs, then that's the problem: for me, the dates are 12-13 September = the next 2 days. Seeing Semester 2 fully laid out naturally led me to expect they'd done Semester1 first... you'd think the Module Co-ordinator I spoke to would know what was happening on his own Module's Labs... :rolleyes:

Right, now they've assigned the Labs etc... my Calendar shows a clash between two Maths tutorials, but it's not, actually. They're alternating between two courses, but haven't entered it as alternating weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Just checked my timetable with all the labs and tutorials filled in, I'm in for seven hours straight 11am to 6pm every wednesday and theres no possibility of taking labs/tutorials at other times, this sucks. At least every other day is nice.

Advertisement