Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prince of Persia 1/2/3 4?

• 11-09-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

I'm playing Prince of Persia The Sands of Time and I quite like it.
    I understand there are others in the series, The Two Thrones and Warrior Within, is there another?
    Did I start with the first one? What is the correct order for the series?

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sands of time is the first one, then warrior within, then the two thrones. Good series, I quite enjoyed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Excellent. Thanks.
    Will look forward to the others. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

And yeah, there are only the 3 of them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see a current gen outing from the prince though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

My fave series of games ever! I don't think they ever made a lot of money for ubisoft though so maybe a fourth might not happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The two thrones pretty much brought the trilogy to an end (and a very satisfying end at that). Warrior Within gets a lot of flak for the silly dark tone but it's still a great game. Two Thrones made everything right again and is almost as good as the Sands of Time.

Assassins Creed looks to be the spiritual successor to PoP. It's being made by the same team and shares some similarities. It's looking almost as good as Jade Raymond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

It's annoying that Sands Of Time is the only game out the trilogy so far that you're able to play on the 360.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's being made by the same team and shares some similarities. It's looking almost as good as Jade Raymond.
    Almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Great series. I completed The Sands Of Time and Warrior Within and got halfway through The Two Thrones and kinda just faded away from playing it. Must go back to it and complete it. I'd love to see a fourth one released but I agree with the above, Assassin's Creed looks like the closest we'll get. Cant wait to play Assassin's Creed though!

This Sands of Time is really good. Enjoying it very much. :D

Is the Assassins Creed for the XBOX 1 or for the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

100% 360....
    There are no more new XBox1 games being released (as far as I know).

• Advertisement

Finished "Sands of Time" last week. Really enjoyed it. :)
    Now stuck into the "Warrior Within". Felt a bit strange at first but is getting better as I get more into it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

kleefarr wrote:
    Now stuck into the "Warrior Within". Felt a bit strange at first but is getting better as I get more into it. :D

The tone is certainly darker and less jovial but it's still an excellent game and probably my fave of the three. I love the changing time and different challenges in the same areas. I have recently rebought the first one to play again (something which I've never done before.) Also worth checking out is the xbox arcade version of the original game. Graphics are improved and it's a very good side scrolling platformer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really liked Warrior Within, it played brilliantly and looked gorgeous in parts but I think it's biggest sin was how they changed the Princes character. In the first game he was a spoiled brat that slowly learnt to accept that he really needed to take responsibility for his actions since there was nothing he could do to changed what he had done. It was a growing up experience.

In the 2nd game he is back to being a spoiled brat who wants to change his past. It's like he didn't learn anything from the previous game. They also changes the actor who played him and made him edgier and swear a lot more, something the royal prince in PoP 1 would never do.

At least in the 3rd game that corrected it and gave the prince back his personality from the first game along with his old voice actor.

POP The Warrior Within...

On my way to get the mask now... :)
    Another very entertaining POP. Not sure if it's as good as the first, past and present malarkey gets annoying sometimes.
    Anyway, must be close to the end now and I have recently sourced the third and final episode... The Two Thrones.

The story continues. :D

Damn this flying beasty thing!! :mad:

Is that the flying boss(I think its a Valkyrie) in Warrior Within? It took me a while to get past it, hang in there!

Yeah. It's like a flying lion, think it's called a griffin, that you find on the way back from getting the mask.
    I'm using the newly acquired Cyclone of Fate attack, combined with slow-mo , but the fecker keeps rejuvenating and you are losing life all the time.
    Guess it's just a case of persevering on as you say.

Ah a griffin thats it! Yeah hes a bastard to take down, but its worth it!

Got it!!!! :D

Onward and upward. :)

If you think he is bad you should try the end boss that you fight for the secret ending. As tough as anything in the devil may cry series but very well done. Was very satisfying to kill him (after 20 or so attempts and lots of swearing mind you).

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you think he is bad you should try the end boss that you fight for the secret ending. As tough as anything in the devil may cry series but very well done. Was very satisfying to kill him (after 20 or so attempts and lots of swearing mind you).

oooh... Will look forward to that when I get back to it later.

kleefarr wrote: »
    oooh... Will look forward to that when I get back to it later.

I'd recommend a walkthrough to find the secrets needed to get the secret boss. Some are tough to find and can only be gotten during certain times during the game. Also if you are backtracking to get some you missed it can cause a game killing bug that can force you to start the game from the beginning, be careful. If you get all the secrets you can see both endings and fight both bosses (both are rather excellent but tough).

Also the secret ending is the true ending of the game and the two thrones follows the events of the secret ending not the other one.

:eek:

Oh feck. I've got a lot of those "ART" chests. Didn't know there other secrets except may be a couple of special skills.

I'll see what happens next I suppose.

Phew...

Nearly finished.
    I gave it a rest for a while as I couldn't kill the facking mini bitch that attacks you after you have managed to conquer the falling poles and walkways in the final part of "The Path of the Sandwraith".

I have now done that, so fingers crossed, will be finishing soon and then starting "The Two Thrones".

kleefarr wrote: »
    Phew...

Nearly finished.
    I gave it a rest for a while as I couldn't kill the facking mini bitch that attacks you after you have managed to conquer the falling poles and walkways in the final part of "The Path of the Sandwraith".

I have now done that, so fingers crossed, will be finishing soon and then starting "The Two Thrones".

Be warned that the last boss of Warrior Within is very tough and that if you get the secret last boss it's even tougher, one of the toughest bosses I've faced and I've played Ninja Gaiden and the Devil May Cry games. If you don't get the secret ending, I'd look it up on youtube since stupidly the 3rd game follows on as if you got the secret ending.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I played The Sands of Time and loved every second of it. Possibly my favourite game on any platform anywhere.

I stopped playing the Two Thrones after a few hours in disgust. The game had become a button mashing beat-em up and all class and style not to mention atmosphere had been leeched out of it to create a "dark" storyline.

Why does everything lately have to be "dark and forboding". It isnt, its just lazy writing and compared to the snappy script of the first, it falls far far short of its parent...

I never tried the third one because it looked like more of the second one. Should I?

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I played The Sands of Time and loved every second of it. Possibly my favourite game on any platform anywhere.

I stopped playing the Two Thrones after a few hours in disgust. The game had become a button mashing beat-em up and all class and style not to mention atmosphere had been leeched out of it to create a "dark" storyline.

Why does everything lately have to be "dark and forboding". It isnt, its just lazy writing and compared to the snappy script of the first, it falls far far short of its parent...

I never tried the third one because it looked like more of the second one. Should I?

DeV.

By two thrones I take it you mean Warrior Within since it's the 2nd game in the series. And yes you should try the two thrones. It's a return to form back to the feel of the first game. The original Sands of Time voice actor is back for the prince and although the game is a lot darker than Sands of Time it doesn't stray into the angsty teen melodrama of the 2nd game. Great storyline as well and the music is more like the first game as well as the look and feel of the game. The one hit kill moves are also brilliant, allowing you to avoid combat and adding an extra element to the platforming.

Finally got to finish the Warrior Within, very good and have now moved on to The Two Thrones.

Everything has come to a grinding halt at the Arena though. I just can't get the ugly fackers eyes. I have worked out that I need to climb up to his head level, this I can do with great ease now. But I cannot get the timing right from when I jump off the plank and try to stab him in the eyes.

Any ideas guys?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Edge had a big spread on the 4th which is by the same team which did Assassins Creed and using an early version of their engine which has been sizeably developed for POP specifically. Its open sandbox in a manner of speaking in that you tackle the city in various sectors by your choice but then its into the puzzles etc.

The big big news is that this time he has a metal glove that allows him slide down walls as well as climb up them. The artwork and early shots of it looks absolutely gorgeous and the whole middle eastern Arabian Nights element has been ramped up significantly.

This is the game I am currently most anticipating.

Dont take my word for it.... go gorge yourselves on the trailer!!. Go! Now! :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

Advertisement