Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water quality issues

Options
  • 11-09-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I noticed some tiny algae looking stuff in the tap water over the last few days. This has happened before, and I am so sick of it. The water also now feels slimy. The neighbours havent reported any concerns either.

I strongly suspect that our rising main has become contaminated with some kind of bacterial slime. I have been through everything in terms of trying to find out what the problem boils down to, but it is impossible to find someone who knows what I am talking about. I can see why, as I have never, ever seen or heard of the likes of these problems on mains water in Dublin.

The water is also generally slightly discoloured when you fill a basin with it. Sometimes the water quality is ok, but most of the time now, it is unbearable. I hesitate to ask if anyone knows what might be the cause, as it is a very long shot, but how would I find out if my rising main (the pipe running from street to house) is the issue?

Comments

Advertisement