Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I think i want a Corrado! but where can i get one!

Options
  • 11-09-2007 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

Im looking into getting a VW Corrado, a nice sporty looking one, with as low mileage and well maintained as possible. theres not much choice on carzone,cbg or Autotrader, has anyone ideas of were i could source one?

cheers

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

do you have a particular engine in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

colm_mcm wrote:
    do you have a particular engine in mind?

no really, im thinking petrol anyone, 1.8/2L. Whats insurance like on these? I am actually excited with the prospect of owning one of these.

thanks for the links!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

fair play -- probably the last decent car VW made....

I owned a VW Scirocco for a few years and regret selling it to this day....

The Corrado is a (current) future classic - get a good one and watch its value rise over the next 5years....

Wasn't there a supercharged 2.0L nutter version ?

• Advertisement

ill admit im not an expert on cars, but theres something about it i like, hard to find a low mileage one though. interior aint the prettiest but it just looks a car to be proud of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

What do mean by low mileage? Very few of these cars have milage below 100K.

Good look with your hunt. cool car.

kikel wrote:
    What do mean by low mileage? Very few of these cars have milage below 100K.

Good look with your hunt. cool car.

yeah it is hard, your right, ive only found around 20 or so between 70k-80k , hope its genuine mileage though.

jon1981 wrote:
    hope its genuine mileage though.

A back round check would be essential. HPI if it is in the UK and also RAC would be money well spent.

• Advertisement

lol has to be a typo, i've see far looking corrados for less in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Mate is selling his 1992 Corrado G60, about 140,000 miles, New TSR Engine & Jabbasport Stage 4 R1 Supercharger were all fitted at the TSR Workshops in 2004 (cost £3300) 30,000 miles covered on the new engine, all receipts, history etc. On Irish plates, wheels are perfect etc.

I had a 1.8 16V for 3 years and it was the best handling car I've ever driven. Not the fastest but a great car. His car with the supercharger sounds great and pulls like a train....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was looking for one of these before I settled on the FTO. the G60 is the one to get. tax too much on VR6 and normal 1.8 too slow (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

skibum wrote:
    Mate is selling his 1992 Corrado G60, about 140,000 miles, New TSR Engine & Jabbasport Stage 4 R1 Supercharger were all fitted at the TSR Workshops in 2004 (cost £3300) 30,000 miles covered on the new engine, all receipts, history etc. On Irish plates, wheels are perfect etc.

I had a 1.8 16V for 3 years and it was the best handling car I've ever driven. Not the fastest but a great car. His car with the supercharger sounds great and pulls like a train....:D

nice car there, so the new enginer only 30k on it? how much would he sell it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

jon1981 wrote:
    hi,

Im looking into getting a VW Corrado, a nice sporty looking one, with as low mileage and well maintained as possible. theres not much choice on carzone,cbg or Autotrader, has anyone ideas of were i could source one?

cheers

Jon

My mate is selling one

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9798
    he is open to offers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Quite hard to find a decent one I'd imagine as they're quite rare.

Best of luck with the search though. Seriously sexy car. :cool:

Advertisement