Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinnacle Studio !

• 11-09-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have used pinnacle studio 7,8,9 all in my experience have been unstable..

So Moved to studio 10... (yes I clearly have a learning disability)

Is anyone else using it or studio 11 ?
    how do you find it ??

And is anyone using latops to edit videos ? what OS and what programs ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

sunny2004 wrote:
    Hi,
    I have used pinnacle studio 7,8,9 all in my experience have been unstable..

So Moved to studio 10... (yes I clearly have a learning disability)

Is anyone else using it or studio 11 ?
    how do you find it ??

And is anyone using latops to edit videos ? what OS and what programs ?

Cheers

I use Studio 9+ and find it incredible. I have done some wedding videos for friends and it is one of the few packages around that provide superb transitions and authors the DVD with moving thumbnails.

Having said that you have no business using it without a minimum of:

2.4 GHz P4 chip (at the very least)
    2 Gigs of RAM
    A dedicated 7200 RPM standalone HD.

If you observe this you should be OK. But it IS memory hungry. I'd advise 4 Gigs of RAM:eek:

I tried Studio 10 on a P4 but gave up on it. I now have a Dual-Core with 2 Gigs RAM and even at that it's pushing it. If you're only doing basic projects you might find this more suitable. Far easier to use and has functions like PIP:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyberlink-Power-Director-3/dp/B0002M4XWC

It's a steal at that price.

Main site http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/trials_4_ENU.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Studio 11 arrived and is installed and running very smooth !

I think they might have got their act together at last !! :)

sunny2004 wrote:
    Studio 11 arrived and is installed and running very smooth !

I think they might have got their act together at last !! :)

Interesting. They emailed me about it the other day. HD-capable, etc. I diverge a little bit, but is there any advantage to buying HD equipment (camcorder, editing suite, etc) at the minute, when the essential piece - the HD player - is missing in the majority of homes with a HD TV?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Freddie59 wrote:
    Interesting. They emailed me about it the other day. HD-capable, etc. I diverge a little bit, but is there any advantage to buying HD equipment (camcorder, editing suite, etc) at the minute, when the essential piece - the HD player - is missing in the majority of homes with a HD TV?:confused:

Good point, I suppose for anyone who wants to record there footage for the future on HD.. My camcorder will shoot on HD but transfer standard DV for editing .. so its the best of both worlds.. but I dont use it but might now !

My main concern was stability..
    and I got it for £50 and postage so no complaints here.

sunny2004 wrote:
    Good point, I suppose for anyone who wants to record there footage for the future on HD.. My camcorder will shoot on HD but transfer standard DV for editing .. so its the best of both worlds.. but I dont use it but might now !

My main concern was stability..
    and I got it for £50 and postage so no complaints here.

Nice one.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Had version 9. Now running 11 on vista with 2g ram and brand new well specked pc. Can crash from time to time. It appears to be more unstable when authoring to different formats or sometimes importing files. Apart from the Vista element can't say its muche better than 9 but worth its money compared to Apple etc.

Had version 9. Now running 11 on vista with 2g ram and brand new well specked pc. Can crash from time to time. It appears to be more unstable when authoring to different formats or sometimes importing files. Apart from the Vista element can't say its muche better than 9 but worth its money compared to Apple etc.

I find it only likes DVD-RW discs. Hates any others. Just bring it back in through DVD-Shrink and burn required copies using Nero. Never fails.:)

Advertisement