Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New images of Ninja Gaiden 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sex-wee!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I feel like I've just died and gone to hardcore gaming heaven. Ninja Gaiden absolutely rocked and I loved every minute of it's unforgiving, wussy scaring gameplay. A sequel has been too long coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

They seem to have gone mad with the gore, it looks a bit too much on the morbid side for my taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

I really can't wait for this now, loved the first on the xbox ( anyone remember the real first, on the NES?). Graphically it looks superb. Why have we been waiting so long? I suppose it's a good thing really because now they'll be able to make better use of the hardware.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never liked the first ninja gaiden on the NES. Felt like a bad castlevania clone. 2 and 3 were much better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I read an interview the other day in which the developers claimed that it was going to be easier than the original :(
    Please no! I want to be made cry again. Hardcore Ninja Gaiden for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That hopefully just means that they'll have an easy mode ala Ninja Gaiden Black.
    Really looking forward to this one, especially the evil achievements:)

I read an interview the other day in which the developers claimed that it was going to be easier than the original :(
    Please no! I want to be made cry again. Hardcore Ninja Gaiden for the win.

Please no! the best thing about that game was just how tough it was. It was refreshing that it wasn't a game were you cyou could breeze thorugh but felt like a bastard hard game from the 8-16 bit era. I hope to god Devil May Cry 4 doesn't sell out, DMC3 was just as good as Ninja Gaiden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

The video is now up on Gamersyde.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5057_en.html

I've never played the one on the original Xbox but I really want to having seen this.

Anybody know of anywhere I could pick it up in Dublin. I don't think I've ever seen it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Please no! the best thing about that game was just how tough it was. It was refreshing that it wasn't a game were you cyou could breeze thorugh but felt like a bastard hard game from the 8-16 bit era. I hope to god Devil May Cry 4 doesn't sell out, DMC3 was just as good as Ninja Gaiden.

I actually preferred DMC3 to Ninja Gaiden - just felt more intense and exhilirating. They are both terrific games though - probably the two best examples of the intense action sub-genre that seems to be becoming more prominent (Heavenly Sword, anyone?). God of War is good too, but while it may be more cinematic than the others, I think it is a bit more lackluster gameplay wise compared to Ninja Gaiden and DMC3 - those two games shamelessly assualt the senses from beginning to end.

Video looks good anyway. Looks like the same gameplay with a next gen coat of paint, massively increased gore and varied environments. I think the latter factor is interesting - wasn't a massive fan of the art design in the first one. But the brief hint at a Statue of Liberty level in that video is pretty exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got the surprise of my life after being away over a week and get home and fired up the marketplace to see this!

Unreal, the most unforgiving game ever though, I only ever got to the last stage, my friends brother beat it, out of 4 of us playin solidly (seperately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Anybody know of anywhere I could pick it up in Dublin. I don't think I've ever seen it?

I've never seen it either and it's the one game I always look through the second hand section for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I got a copy of the original on Amazon few months back.

Bitch to find someone that will deliver to Ireland tho. :-/

Advertisement