Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking by muppets

• 11-09-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭

You'd think that folks couldn't fail to see a driveway with a big red car in it & mistake it for a car-park but you'd be wrong...look at what I spotted earlier at the end of my drive. They've been there for a good few hrs now so it's not just a quick drop off, either...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/bluemagoo/100_0668.jpg

I am tempted to stick a note on his/her window telling them what I think of their parking but maybe I'm just being churlish as I may not need the car again tonight & if I do, there is always the option of driving over next doors border/drive...:rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'll just leave it for the neighbours to give out to them in the morning when they discover they have to do a 32-point turn to get out of their drive, lol! There is little point in highlighting what a rediculous place to pick as a parking spot & how inconvenient it makes getting in & out our drive, when that must have been fairly obvious to the muppet in question...so what to do? Obviously, harming the car or driver is not a consideration but thought you AH peeps usually have some funny & novel tales about these kind of things & that might help improve my mood! :mad::)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

dogsh1t under the handles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

If you can't get out of that driveway with the amount of space who ever owns that car has left you, I suggest you go and learn to drive. Are you a woman by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Absolutly loads of room for you to get out OP.
    Sure you could fit a tractor through that gap :p

Edit: I like Eoin 5's solution
    AH is the best place to come to for revenge tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You know, while your not exactly trapped by the looks of the photo, that kind of parking would piss me off a bit.

Now, if I was REALLY annoyed..i'd be very tempted to throw a bag of flour over the windscreen of those cars and write no parking in it and then sprinkle with a hose - no damage to cars done - message sent.

Then again I'm a hothead sometimes and wouldn't recommend doing the same to you unless you're burly or have a burly friend that will be by your side if the owners decide to complain.

Otherwise suck it up and just ignore, you ain't trapped, just forget about it and get on with your Tuesday evening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I feel like an idiot, but I really can't see what the problem is in the picture. Who's blocking who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Lol, no I'm not trapped, I don't think I ever said I was...it's just a bit of a squeeze to pass them without going into next doors drive as the car uses up over half the width of our drive - the pic angle makes it look like a huge drive & it's not, honest! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Maybe the angle of the phot makes it look as if there is more room than there is, but in fairness it looks as if you have loads of room to get out without driving over next door's borders ... which seem to be full of weeds anyway! :D

Well, they are full of weeds - but that shouldn't justify driving over them because a muppet parks across my drive...maybe it does.

We seem to have lots of funny parking around here...people driving up onto the corners of pavements & using them as spots, parking in the middle of the road...that kind of thing. And there is loads of room for parking in the normal manner. Maybe it's just me, I'm getting old & grumpy! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh, I wouldn't argue it's the most considerate of parking, but from the fact that you bothered to take a pic and start a thread I was expecting to see a car parked across your gate trapping you inside!
    Maybe it's just me, I'm getting old & grumpy! :p
    Maybe just a teeny weeny bit?! :D:p

Yeah, I see what you mean - bit wierd. I was speaking to my sister on the phone when I spotted it & she wanted to see a pic - I didn't take it with the express purpose of posting it here, lol. I've read some funny stories on AH & I thought it might trigger some funny woeful parking/revenge stories...it wasn't meant to be a complete rant as I was trapped & needed to drive anywhere or anything. :)

In fact it was probably just a continuation of my ongoing rant about Irish drivers. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Again, learn how to drive.

Binomate wrote:
    Again, learn how to drive.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

You'd think that folks couldn't fail to see a driveway with a big red car in it & mistake it for a car-park but you'd be wrong...look at what I spotted earlier at the end of my drive. They've been there for a good few hrs now so it's not just a quick drop off, either...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/bluemagoo/100_0668.jpg

I am tempted to stick a note on his/her window telling them what I think of their parking but maybe I'm just being churlish as I may not need the car again tonight & if I do, there is always the option of driving over next doors border/drive...:rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'll just leave it for the neighbours to give out to them in the morning when they discover they have to do a 32-point turn to get out of their drive, lol! There is little point in highlighting what a rediculous place to pick as a parking spot & how inconvenient it makes getting in & out our drive, when that must have been fairly obvious to the muppet in question...so what to do? Obviously, harming the car or driver is not a consideration but thought you AH peeps usually have some funny & novel tales about these kind of things & that might help improve my mood! :mad::)

I propose a change in the name of this forum to "Whinging Hours" ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

ya should have no problem swinging out there, but I'd still let the air out of all yer mans tires to remind him of the danger of parking on the street.

course the dog sh1t one may be funnier in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In fairness now, your hardly boxed in..

I take it your a female driver?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Plenty of room there tbh.

I've been known to put in the window and roll the car down the road :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Binomate wrote:
    If you can't get out of that driveway with the amount of space who ever owns that car has left you, I suggest you go and learn to drive. Are you a woman by any chance?

i have to agree with Binomate

you could live in my place where the neighbours family think its okay to park completely over my drive on sunday afternoons, so i either not get out or not get in

you dont have anything to complain about here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jon wrote:
    Plenty of room there tbh.

I've been known to put in the window and roll the car down the road :D

But your from Cabra, we'd expect nothing less :)

Btw, have you got Irish fighter in?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

6ix wrote:
    I feel like an idiot, but I really can't see what the problem is in the picture. Who's blocking who?
    Seconded. I honestly don't see the problem there. There's loads of space for you to get out. OK maybe it's a little inconsiderate but it's not that bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Whoever parked like that is a prick, end of story. While they may not have fully blocked you in, they've made it difficult to reverse out. Have the same problem where I live.

It's difficult enough to watch out for kids playing around the road when backing out without some w@nkstain making it harder by parking like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Any muppets I know are perfectly good drivers and great at parking. Fozzy is greatly upset by your insensitive remarks.

Advertisement