Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Jobs in Galway?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 10:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Where are some good places to look for jobs in Galway? I'm looking for one to fit around university and also to keep my occupied (I'm staying here over weekends).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Dunnes Stores mate. Just talking about in another thread. Two of them opening up soon. Check out their website - Vacancies - just search all and you will see the ones for Galway. Good Luck with the search.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

sgthighway wrote:
    Dunnes Stores mate. Just talking about in another thread. Two of them opening up soon. Check out their website - Vacancies - just search all and you will see the ones for Galway. Good Luck with the search.
    Cheers - where are they opening? I'm in Corrib Village and don't have a car, so I suspect I'm limited to the Eyre Square surrounding area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I agree Dunnes.There's a few of us in the University working there.

Minimum of 15 hours a week.

There's stores in Briarhill and Rahoon who are hiriing.

There's stores in Briarhill and Rahoon who are hiriing.
    Help out a foreigner lol, wherebouts are these two places - in terms of from Corrib Village or Eyre Square (if Eyre Sq is 15 mins walk)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

hope this helps?

• Advertisement

Scobius90 wrote:
    hope this helps?
    Aye thanks mate.
    Briarhill seems a fair distance. Rahoon isn't on there - is it off the map?
    Wonder if that Westside has vacancies....

nah what some people call Rahoon Dunnes is actually westside Dunnes :D

and the best thing to do is get on your bike or shanks mare and see for yourself how far away they are
    I would say you are nearer to Westside than to town from Corrib village

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

He's about equidistant between the Terryland Dunnes, Westside dunnes and Eyre Square dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

wow people really love dunnes around here.

Just print out 30 cv's and give them everywhere, pubs, clubs, shops, restaurants

yeah its ridiculous
    Dunnes have a mentaility (Starbucks like) whereby they saturate the market and not allow other competitors to get in :mad:
    SuperQuin have been trying for years to get into Galway and Dunnes keep buying up new sites

off the top of my head there is currently 5 Dunnes with Briarhill to make it six:
    Westside, Terryland, Eyre Sq (twice), Edwards Sq ....

am I missing any?

apparently there are 7 in Limerick!

• Advertisement

Scobius90 wrote:
    nah what some people call Rahoon Dunnes is actually westside Dunnes :D

and the best thing to do is get on your bike or shanks mare and see for yourself how far away they are
    I would say you are nearer to Westside than to town from Corrib village

Actually your wrong.
    I work in the westside dunnes during the week and the Rahoon Dunnes at the weekend.

Westside were hiring a few weeks ago and had announcements over the store tannoy, but I'm unsure if they're still hiring.

Give them a buzz and see as it is very close to Corrib Village( I meet so many people I saw in college buying beer in the evening)

whats the difference then? is the briarhill one the rahoon dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

What's marked in that map as Briarhill isn't correct. Briarhill is out in the east of the city not the west. I think maybe it should be marked 'Rahoon' instead.

Westside, Terryland and Eyre Square Dunnes have all been there for years. Rahoon and Briarhill are new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

So where's the Rahoon Dunnes? Is it up the old Rahoon Road, in by one of the new estates or something?

[edit]Never mind, looked at the pic...

ahhhhhh i see :D
    cheers for the clear up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

You should also have a go at getting bar work, great for creating an instant new circle of friends and the work is a bit more sociable than Dunnes can be, no offence meant, just quoting from my experience is all!

If your living in Corrib village that would be a good idea,I had a bit of that in France and it was great craic.

I work in Dunnes as it's steady pay and daylight hours.I live in Barna so it's murder getting in and outta town when the buses have finished

You should also have a go at getting bar work, great for creating an instant new circle of friends and the work is a bit more sociable than Dunnes can be, no offence meant, just quoting from my experience is all!
    Yeah bar work would be good, I'd enjoy it more than Dunne's, but I don't want to be missing the good nights out!

Tsk,I feel so jealous.

Not only do I miss outon the good jobs but I miss out on the Corrib fun too

Advertisement