Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did someone fall into the spanish arch?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

I was driving past the spanish arch tonight (tues) around 9.20. There were two fire trucks, some police and alot of by standers looking into the water.

Anybody know what happened? Hope it wasn't too serious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did someone fall into the Spanish Arch? As in the actual arch itself? Was he drunk and toppled backwards into it?

Oh you mean the water by the Spanish Arch. Gotcha. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

How do you fall into an arch?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you fall backwards and do the crab?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

wtf? get a life, this is a serious thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

m83 wrote:
    wtf? get a life, this is a serious thread.

It's a valid question. You asked if someone fell into the Spanish Arch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

serious.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I was walking home past the Spanish Arch and saw the cops and fire brigade all coming at once. Was a bit mental. Loads of people around, a lot of Spanish students. From what I could hear, a garda told a few people that a woman "jumped" in. I'm not sure of the details. But they were searching with flashlights for a good 10 minutes, then I heard one of the firecrew saying they had lifted a woman out of the water at the salmon weir bridge. Everybody left. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Thank you walt0r.

serious.jpg
    Is that Bob Kelso?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

no it's albert reynolds and kelsos lovechild! :0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

People are always jumping/falling in there, just you never hear about it. The docks is worse, something like three people every two weeks on average.

I think they should erect a statue of Richard Dean Anderson falling into the Spanish Arch on Shop St.

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DRakE wrote:
    I think they should erect a statue of Richard Dean Anderson falling into the Spanish Arch on Shop St.

Discuss.

With warty Nora pushing him (whoever he is) and KD humping her leg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

<insert fictitious information implying Macguyver can walk on water using some sort of contraption made from a paper clip, a straw and an elastic band>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Ohh brings back memories...one of my classmates jumped in there about 7 years ago, wasn't so lucky though :( god rest her :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Ohh brings back memories...one of my classmates jumped in there about 7 years ago, wasn't so lucky though :( god rest her :( .
    Well that killed the fun bunny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Saw that when I was drinking down the middle arch alright. Was wondering what was happening.

majiktripp wrote:
    Well that killed the fun bunny...
    Suicide is not a 'funny' issue, its incredibly serious. Dont know if you ever lost someone you knew well through it!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I was refering to the 3 posts previous about the Richard Dean Anderson statue falling into the Spanish Arch....

majiktripp wrote:
    I was refering to the 3 posts previous about the Richard Dean Anderson statue falling into the Spanish Arch....
    Apologies...just made me sad when people turned the thread into a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Walked past the activity, poor girl.

Had no idea the docks was such a common area for suicides, I've a good few friends living about there and never heard anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I jump off the Quin and O Brien's Bridge on a semi regular basis, and once had some wan come up to me telling me not to do it as it's disrespectful to those who've taken their lives in the same manner.

With the greatest respect, **** that. It's fun, it's safe, I get a kick out of it. If they decided to top themselves in that manner, bad buzz, but why should I curtail my fun?

Wah wah.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

JohnCleary wrote:
    With warty Nora pushing him (whoever he is) and KD humping her leg

rda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

wet-paint wrote:
    I jump off the Quin and O Brien's Bridge on a semi regular basis, and once had some wan come up to me telling me not to do it as it's disrespectful to those who've taken their lives in the same manner.

With the greatest respect, **** that. It's fun, it's safe, I get a kick out of it. If they decided to top themselves in that manner, bad buzz, but why should I curtail my fun?

good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Jumping off the Quincentinial (sp?) bridge aint safe, I know this because I scuba dive there a bit.

Deepest place is about 9ft deep, averaving around 7ft ... Now most people are 5-6ft in height :eek:

Chances of hitting a trolly etc. are slim, but it's all rock there... 2 broken legs = pain!

Advertisement