Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sandman's turn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Trusting Vinny Mac's opinion? This is the same guy who thought the XFL and the WBF were great ideas. One of the many opinions he was alone on. And he had one or two high profile matches during that period, let's not get carried away here. You're making it sound like he was main eventing RAW every week during that point. When in actuality he was mid-card joke tagging with Kane for most of it!

I mean I'd trust Vince McMahon's opinion with regards to safety in the ring. If Van Dam was a genuine threat to others due to his lifestyle I don't believe he'd be utilised.

As for his mid-card status during a portion of that era, do you seriously believe that was because he was botching moves? I think it was simply due to them not having a direction for him at that point. I mean it's not like they gave him much mic time anyway.
    Hypocritcial? No i don't really because if that was MY business and an empolyee was brought up on charges and it became public knowledge. I'd most likely fire him, nevermind suspend him.

I guess what is right isn't always popular, and what is popular isn't always right. Depends on your definition of both I guess. I don't smoke, be it cigarettes or weed so you can see my standpoint on it.

VR!

I see what you're saying but equally I doubt you would also go around and make light of people who do smoke weed.

I wouldn't have had a problem with Vinny Mac's outrage over the incident had he expressed outrage over Van Dams lifestyle in the past. What I find a joke is the mentality whereby someone is at fault simply for getting caught.

I think it's a similar story with the recent suspensions for violations in the Wellness Policy. Were those guys suspended because Vince is legitimately pissed off at them for violating the policy, or rather because the mainstream media and government has found out about it and is hounding WWE over it? I'd say it's the latter.

In WWE, anything goes until you're caught. That's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i found this out in March 2006. We befriended Jared Guerrero (son of the late Sherri Martel) in the run up to WM22. At that time he worked for the WWE as a training partner for various wrestlers such as Booker T and a few others. Thats exactly what he told me "In WWE, anything goes until you're caught by the mainstream media". BTW he was stoned nearly the whole time we were with him :)

The wellness policy is a joke and always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

As for his mid-card status during a portion of that era, do you seriously believe that was because he was botching moves? I think it was simply due to them not having a direction for him at that point. I mean it's not like they gave him much mic time anyway.

I've always thought RVD got into the company at the wrong time. They had a guy that could flip flop around the ring, they had a few actually but the Hardyz are the first that come to mind. They had mic guys so it's not like they had a use for him in the first place. But he has been on a steady decline since his ECW days, that is undeniable.

I wouldn't have had a problem with Vinny Mac's outrage over the incident had he expressed outrage over Van Dams lifestyle in the past. What I find a joke is the mentality whereby someone is at fault simply for getting caught.

I think it's a similar story with the recent suspensions for violations in the Wellness Policy. Were those guys suspended because Vince is legitimately pissed off at them for violating the policy, or rather because the mainstream media and government has found out about it and is hounding WWE over it? I'd say it's the latter.

At the end of the day, it's a public company, even more public since they started trading on the NYSE. And it's a company that has been under the microscope for decades as well as far as drugs/steroids scandals go. Vince hs to look like he's doing something about it. If that means diciplinary action when his employees are caught.

Here's a scenario. Your kid is watching a Cheech and Chong movie and laughing at it, and are you laughing at your kid laughing. But a couple of years later, he turns into a teenager and he's smoking a joint. Does that make you a hypocrite for no longer finding it funny? ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've always thought RVD got into the company at the wrong time. They had a guy that could flip flop around the ring, they had a few actually but the Hardyz are the first that come to mind. They had mic guys so it's not like they had a use for him in the first place. But he has been on a steady decline since his ECW days, that is undeniable.

His best days were in ECW without a doubt but he connected with the fans and I think that's also undeniable.
    Here's a scenario. Your kid is watching a Cheech and Chong movie and laughing at it, and are you laughing at your kid laughing. But a couple of years later, he turns into a teenager and he's smoking a joint. Does that make you a hypocrite for no longer finding it funny? ;)

VR!

Well using that scenario, let's say I was to crack jokes about my son smoking joints and let's say the Mrs found out and threw a fit and I in turn also threw a fit and blasted the little smackhead. I definitely would be a hypocrite then (plus a pretty rotten father to boot). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

His best days were in ECW without a doubt but he connected with the fans and I think that's also undeniable.

Agreed there, but by the time he was at his peak in ECW, it was garbage wrestling.
    Well using that scenario, let's say I was to crack jokes about my son smoking joints and let's say the Mrs found out and threw a fit and I in turn also threw a fit and blasted the little smackhead. I definitely would be a hypocrite then (plus a pretty rotten father to boot). :D

Alright, now we've definitely gone off the point! Wasn't this a Sandman thread? :)

VR!

Advertisement