Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir Alex Ferguson attacked, suffers "minor injuries"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

:eek: Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

all that money and he gets the train? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Probably nothing compared to what some of his thugs have done on the pitch over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Kicked in the shins in an apparently random attack, according to SSNews.

Seriously, one of the most recognisable people in britain, how likely is it that the attack was random? And what I can't believe on that train of logic, presuming it was intentional, that they only kicked him in the shins!

I don't wish harm on the guy, I don't like him - but someone who's gone to the bother of assaulting him, why stop at just kicking his shins? Whole story seems bizarre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

it wasnt random, they were shouting football related abuse at him too.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote:
    Probably nothing compared to what some of his thugs have done on the pitch over the years.
    :mad: I knew it wouldnt be long before the classy posts arrived.

nothing un-classy about that post Neil

We'll agree to disagree there Al. 65 year old man gets attacked by a moron at a train station and its time to have a cheap dig at United players? The thread has nothing to do with United or players, its to do with some moron who cannot separate football from everyday life attacking, basically an old man, because he's the manager of a team he doesnt like. Disgraceful.

i agree, it is a disgrace that he was attacked, but i wouldnt blow it out of proportion, by most accounts, he got a few kicks in the shins

i agree, it is a disgrace that he was attacked, but i wouldnt blow it out of proportion, by most accounts, he got a few kicks in the shins
    Im more givin out that the poster was seemingly tryin to have a cheap dig at United when its not the right time or place for that. But yea it was minor enough but still...he's 65.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

el rabitos wrote:
    all that money and he gets the train? :confused:

He's a big lefty, probably a green thing

A green thing? Did i not read somewhere he got a helicpoter to his watch his sons match a couple of weeks ago??? tut tut

A green thing? Did i not read somewhere he got a helicpoter to his watch his sons match a couple of weeks ago??? tut tut
    He may have been travelling to another part of the country? I doubt other managers cycle to every place they go either!! I did find it funny the idea of him getting the train in North London though.

Did I read right in saying they were chargin a 40 year old guy with the assault?! I mean how sad are some people eh?! Nothin better in their lives....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

He might be the manager of the **** but I still think its a disgrace, the attacker must be a moron of the highest degree. As someone noted earlier he a 65 year old man and even though he manages that lot I think he has made a great contribution to sport and should be given some respect.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

We'll agree to disagree there Al. 65 year old man gets attacked by a moron at a train station and its time to have a cheap dig at United players? The thread has nothing to do with United or players, its to do with some moron who cannot separate football from everyday life attacking, basically an old man, because he's the manager of a team he doesnt like. Disgraceful.

here here well said, im not a united supporter and don't like them
    but this was a disgrace .. they should make an example of that idiot and
    send him to prison...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsene Wenger says he did'nt see the incident. ;)

Mike.

:mad: I knew it wouldnt be long before the classy posts arrived.

Given some of the violence he's justified over the years, I find it funny.

I wonder when the police asked him for a statement did he tell them he didn't see anything?

It was probably someone from the BBC..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

If the same attack happened to someone like Bobby Robson people would be up in arms. Very sad that some people here, just because SA is the Man U manager feel that its no big deal. I agree with Jackdaw the attacker should serve some jail time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Its not just because he's the ManU manager. Bobby Robson is a likeable old curmudgeon. SAF does not have a likeable reputation to say the very least.

Either way its a stupid thing for anyone to do. He should absolutely be prosecuted to the full extent of the law (whatever the full extent is for kicking someone in the shins).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

picture taken just prior to the incident reveals possible attacker

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/alex/alex16.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

I agree with Jackdaw the attacker should serve some jail time.

Jail time for kicking someone (regardless of who he/she is) in the shins ? Hardly likely considering how many people never see the inside of a cell for far more serious crimes.

Stupid mindless assault but I just can't see the offender doing any time for it. Not to take away from it but tbh I'd sooner see someone who committed a far more serious crime get that jail cell.

i second that. the fact his victim is famous, should make no difference, although i read in one place he punched a cop as he was being arrested, if thats the case, then jail time may be deserved. but not for wat he did to SAF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

i second that. the fact his victim is famous, should make no difference, although i read in one place he punched a cop as he was being arrested, if thats the case, then jail time may be deserved. but not for wat he did to SAF.

what's good for a postman is good for SAF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

An absolute disgrace all round. What kind of scumbag would do something like that? The scumbag also allegedly headbutted an officer. He's filth. Give him the death sentence. Nobody wants scumbags around anyway.

headbutted an officer + kicking Alex Ferguson on the shins = Death Sentence?!!?!!?

thank god you aint running the judicial system! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well there scum, everyone hates scum, they do no good to anyone...even the parents of scum secretly want their scum killed. So kill them off, they won't be missed...it's not like when you kill spiders and flys appear...they don't even kill flys. They do nothing! Kill them all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see his attacker was a drunk Scot. Hmmmmm.

Mike.

he kicked a guy on the shins man, chill out, he didnt rape anyone, didnt murder anyone, i'm sure he ain't the devil you are painting him out to be!

Should Thatcher/Gerrard/Keane/Cantona be 'executed' too? They've all commited worse 'assaults' on the field of play . . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

he kicked a guy on the shins man, chill out, he didnt rape anyone, didnt murder anyone, i'm sure he ain't the devil you are painting him out to be!

Should Thatcher/Gerrard/Keane/Cantona be 'executed' too? They've all commited worse 'assaults' on the field of play . . . . . .

and Cantona commited one off the field of play.

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
    Those cats were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit frightning
    But they fought with expert timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

"Kevin Reynolds, 43, admitted punching the Scottish tactician in the groin and head butting a police community support officer."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2723815,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

and Cantona commited one off the field of play.

Everybody was kung-fu fighting
    Those cats were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit frightning
    But they fought with expert timing
    and he got community service for it.

this jerk should get some sort of punishment.

Tauren wrote:
    and he got community service for it.

this jerk should get some sort of punishment.

he will get something but I doubt he will end up in jail. Fine or community service is more likely.

P.S The main reason that Eric got off with community service was because his legal team argued that it would provide a bigger benift to the community for him to do community service with kids then end up in jail.

i agree wat he did was wrong and he should be punished, just some of the reactions on here were a bit much.

i agree wat he did was wrong and he should be punished, just some of the reactions on here were a bit much.

True but he is a knight after all. Ya cant just go around kicking knights in the shins.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

True but he is a knight after all. Ya cant just go around kicking knights in the shins.:rolleyes:

He punched him in the groin which is actually a lot worse.

• Advertisement

He punched him in the groin which is actually a lot worse.

Would have been funnier if it was a football in the groin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Does the culprit look anything like Alf-Inge Haaland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ibid wrote:
    Does the culprit look anything like Alf-Inge Haaland?
    another stupid comment.

Maybe he looked like one of the victims of a Steven Gerrard two footer, or maybe he looked like a victim of an Essien special? Hmmmmmmmm?

seriously, what the hell does Alf-Inge Haaland have to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I second the calls for the death penalty. A perfectly reasonable response that will certainly act as a strong deterrent against future crimes against humanity like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

a complete WTF moment..

firstly, i don't know why Sir Alex was on a train :rolleyes:

secondly, why would anyone who came across him randomly punch him in the groin :confused:

if you want to attack someone you follow them, get them on their own and then do it..

in a packed train station with hundreds of witnesses plus a policeman close by isn't the most sensible place to assault someone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

maybe the urge was too great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

smemon wrote:
    if you want to attack someone you follow them, get them on their own and then do it..

Hahaha. Mad lad.

Also read the article; he was drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Tauren wrote:
    another stupid comment.

Maybe he looked like one of the victims of a Steven Gerrard two footer, or maybe he looked like a victim of an Essien special? Hmmmmmmmm?

seriously, what the hell does Alf-Inge Haaland have to do with anything?
    It was a joke.

I heard it was a kick in the shins when I made the comment. Could have made that joke about Gary Charles etc., keep yer knickers on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Ibid wrote:
    keep yer knickers on

Seconded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

smemon wrote:

secondly, why would anyone who came across him randomly punch him in the groin :confused::

Thats just reads so funny.

You can picture the scene. The guy is walking along the platform, whistling to himself, sees fergie. "hey, fergie, have this" then whack in the groin.

Why would it even enter someones head when going for what is bound to be a one strike attack before your collered to hit a pensioner in the groin, :)

cheesedude wrote:
    Well there scum, everyone hates scum, they do no good to anyone...even the parents of scum secretly want their scum killed. So kill them off, they won't be missed...it's not like when you kill spiders and flys appear...they don't even kill flys. They do nothing! Kill them all!!!

That reminds me, I missed the Adrian Kennedy phone show earlier!!!! :mad:

If he was any sort of a decent knight he'd have defended himself with his sword. Shame on Ferguson. He should be stripped of his knighthood asap and become a serf again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

he was hit in the groin apparently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6991198.stm

here is an artist's rendition of the incident...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W27U6T54u_E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

smemon wrote:

OAP rail pass?:p
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

No doubt the papers and comedians etc will have a field day with the auld "scots being tight wads" stereotype.

smemon wrote:
    a complete WTF moment..

secondly, why would anyone who came across him randomly punch him in the groin :confused:

in a packed train station with hundreds of witnesses plus a policeman close by isn't the most sensible place to assault someone :rolleyes:

The guy was above the age of 12 and STILL in the mindset that football rivalry should boil over into genuine hatred and violence, he was cleary not the sharpest tool in the shed to start with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement