Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bios question

• 12-09-2007 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Can updating your bios have a bad effect on your pc, I ask because since I updated my bios ive been getting so many blue screens I lost count it can be from playing a game or just normal stuff video editing etc etc

Also can I go back to the other bios? and how long does it usually take for it to update.. last time I tried I thought my pc froze so I restarted it and got tons of beeps!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IconoclastCynic

dazftw wrote:
    Can updating your bios have a bad effect on your pc, I ask because since I updated my bios ive been getting so many blue screens I lost count it can be from playing a game or just normal stuff video editing etc etc

Also can I go back to the other bios? and how long does it usually take for it to update.. last time I tried I thought my pc froze so I restarted it and got tons of beeps!

Don't mess around with flashing BIOS unless you really need to. Yes it can completely **** up your computer, and restarting while it's updating is a biiig 'no no.' You're lucky you got your computer running if that's how you've been treating the BIOS.I'd recomend sending it to the manufacturer if it's still under warranty to get it checked out. If not, a program called RegCure might be able to solve a bunch of errors you're receiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

just roll back to a older bios. Use the windows program to flash, and not the dos one. ITs far safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anti wrote:
    just roll back to a older bios. Use the windows program to flash, and not the dos one. ITs far safer.

:rolleyes: I would've thought da other way round, i experiment with different bios's, sometimes beta 1's & usually use a floppy & dos (floppy not installed, just connect when needed). Contact your mobo manufacturer, write a sob story that you think your bios is corrupted & ask for another bios chip, thats what i do. Then ya'l have a spare in case of any probs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

they will send me a free one?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Did it b4 wit DFI, emailed them saying that i was using a beta bios & that i think i corrupted the bios because i was having booting problems. They sent me a new bios chip. Never used the chip, sold it with the mobo. But handy to have :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement