Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband dead - 12/09/07

Options
  • 12-09-2007 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Here I am - 1:15am in the morning, 12/09/07 in Carrigaline, Co. Cork - dead in the water where Eircom BBand is concerned. I am writing this via a laptop on dialup which is actually rather fast. It tells me I am on at 45.2kbps, is this possible? Where did the typical 3.5kbps on dialup go?

Anyways, this has been coming for the last day or two as you can see from a recent post about people having trouble with Google etc ... inc me! Could be locallised in the Cork Area too, its happened before - too many times!

Best hope maybe its a speed/system upgrade .. Or yet another wheeze from the joke that is Eircom Broadband in this hi tech, hi skilled top economy that we have.

So, anyone else suffering from no BBand in these early hours?

All this maybe resolved in the morning of course, but just in case it is not, heres a gripe thread in advance,

And yes I have paid my bill on time .. day before yesterday!

Cheers
    Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hey, I just got reconnected. I fiddled for ages but then realised it wasn't a prob on my mind.

It's good to be back! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

They normally schedule servicing between 12 and 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

aidanodr wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Where did the typical 3.5kbps on dialup go?

Typical ? Dial up is slow, but was never that sllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww 28kbps lots of years ago, can never remember 3.5, and been using the net since about 96.

found this, good link from a nostalgia p.o.v, im sure watty remembers 300bps....... :D

http://www.csgnetwork.com/bandwidth.html

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

aidanodr wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Here I am - 1:15am in the morning, 12/09/07 in Carrigaline, Co. Cork - dead in the water where Eircom BBand is concerned. I am writing this via a laptop on dialup which is actually rather fast. It tells me I am on at 45.2kbps, is this possible? Where did the typical 3.5kbps on dialup go?

Anyways, this has been coming for the last day or two as you can see from a recent post about people having trouble with Google etc ... inc me! Could be locallised in the Cork Area too, its happened before - too many times!

Best hope maybe its a speed/system upgrade .. Or yet another wheeze from the joke that is Eircom Broadband in this hi tech, hi skilled top economy that we have.

So, anyone else suffering from no BBand in these early hours?

All this maybe resolved in the morning of course, but just in case it is not, heres a gripe thread in advance,

And yes I have paid my bill on time .. day before yesterday!

Cheers
    Aidan

Eircom DNS acting up over the past couple of days, use the dns servers on www.opendns.org and you should be ok. :)

Advertisement