Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freshers Ball

• 12-09-2007 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Is it on this week or next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I'm pretty sure it's next week, on Thursday, I think they would have advertised if it was this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Are you sure? I was told it was in Sky tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Merrick wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's next week, on Thursday, I think they would have advertised if it was this week.

i concur :D

its just a normal night out this thursday, silence seem to have got there foot in the door with the su as the official student place for this year so expect the balls to be there same as amber took over last year, i haven't enjoyed a ball in 3 years bring back the female su vice president, she was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Next Thursday AFAIK but then again what do I know im not even a DKIT student.

Where will it be held this year, I know last year it was in Sky.

I might be there I been to two freshers balls (DIT & Maynooth) both were crap.

Are you sure? I was told it was in Sky tomorrow night.

posters would have been up all over the place and tickets would have been on sale for it if it was on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sunnyd

Did u all c the email about the ball that was sent this morning?? It doesnt say where it is on, anyoone know? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Silence apparently!!..

Yeah i had a feelin it would be on there. I dont really like it that much an its apparently THE student venue his year. Have u's been yet? Think i'd still prefer amber

yeh yet again the SU sold out to give a local nightclub all the money making balls instead of giving the students a chance to get out of dundalk for a ball, I mean students have a choice of silence, amber or vicars every thursday night so why force them to go to silence for a ball, theres plenty of better venues within a bus trips distance to choose from.

if I do end up goin out i'd say it'll be amber anyway

I'll agree with ye, I'd prefer Amber, I heard that half the people who went to Silence last Thursday were only there because Amber was full!

And correct me if I'm very very wrong folks, but is someone from Big Brother coming to the ball?? I've heard that this guy will be paid 5 grand to show up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I know that 2fm's Ruth Scott is DJing at it anyway. Well, that's what I read anyway. I can't recall whre I saw it though...

Yep your right its ziggy from bb thats supposed to be at it. I have a feelin after promoting him being there that there will be some reason why he cant make it. His flight was delayed, hes sick etc.... Has happened before.
    Amber has been full every mon an thurs nite an t ppl in silence do seem to be the ones turned away from amber.. not all but the majority. However i have a feelin the ball will be packed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Merrick wrote:
    I've heard that this guy will be paid 5 grand to show up...

what a waste :rolleyes:

€5k just for turning up..

how about 1000 free pints instead :D

why would anyone wanna see that tool anyway?? my god thats some waste of 5k

5k worth of free drinks would be a much better idea, i'd go there for that, some big brother attention seeker puts me right off goin there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm hoping that the freshers ball will be terrible cos I'm unable to attend... Stupid work. :(

Thing is, it very well could be terrible, I only know one guy who bought a ticket, but I think he may end up going ot Amber as well...

Merrick wrote:
    Thing is, it very well could be terrible, I only know one guy who bought a ticket, but I think he may end up going ot Amber as well...

its probably 2 or 3 euro a drink in amber and 6 euro or something in? as oppossed to 10euro in and full price drinks in silence? amber wins hands down

Ye its €3into amber before 12 an only €2 a drink. and a tenner for the tickets for the ball an full price drink.:rolleyes: Me thinks i'll be in amber:p

So, how was it?

heard the bouncers were <censored> as per usual for silence, didn't hear anything about the night itself, did ziggy turn up?

• Advertisement

Never mind Ziggy, did anyone go to Silece cos the way I hear it, it seems like a lot of people went to Amber instead.

I went to Amber and it was full enough. A good night was had by all.

yeh amber is usually good craic when its not jammed so you can actually walk about the place and get a drink without waiting 20 minutes at the bar, cant believe its the 3rd week next week and i havent been out yet its a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

You may get the move on Donal.

Yeah that chap from BB was meant to get €6K I was told by the person paying him but that could be bullsh!t

You may get the move on Donal.

Yeah that chap from BB was meant to get €6K I was told by the person paying him but that could be bullsh!t

who paid him? the students union or silence?

I thought it was Silence paying him, I reckon a lot of people will be annoyed with the SU if they wasted that much money like that...

Merrick wrote:
    I thought it was Silence paying him, I reckon a lot of people will be annoyed with the SU if they wasted that much money like that...

whoever paid it, it was still some waste of money :D

True, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if it was Silence's waste of money! :D

Merrick wrote:
    True, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if it was Silence's waste of money! :D

the students union will hardly spend 5k on anything worthwhile anyway so its the same difference, seeing as you were there last night was amber 2 euro a drink or was that just something for the first week?

• Advertisement

Yep, the drink was cheap, and it was still only €6 in after 12 if you had an Amber card.

Merrick wrote:
    Yep, the drink was cheap, and it was still only €6 in after 12 if you had an Amber card.

i had an amber card, does that count? :D

they should bring the shagtag back there, that was so **** it was actually funny :D

draffodx wrote:
    i had an amber card, does that count? :D
    Meh, they're pretty freely available anyway, I have a few of them lying around :D
    they should bring the shagtag back there, that was so **** it was actually funny :D
    Ah those were the days... I think they only did that in one or two other places in the country too.

yeh i had about three but i lost them all in amber itself!!

wonder how many people actually use boards from dkit? we should all meet up in the bar and have a session, then head to the malt and crawl in to amber to finish the night off :D :cool:

Sounds like a plan!
    Seems like a good few people here use boards, I only know one in real life though, and I'm not sure if he'd be up for a night out with random internet folk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Solomon

Yeah amber was 3 euro in beofre 12 and 2 euro a drink compared to 10 bucks a ticket and full price drinks in silence! they actually paid 3000 big ones for your man from bb... yawn

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote:
    yeh i had about three but i lost them all in amber itself!!

wonder how many people actually use boards from dkit? we should all meet up in the bar and have a session, then head to the malt and crawl in to amber to finish the night off :D :cool:

I'm there. Sounds like a larf.

That_Guy wrote:
    I'm there. Sounds like a larf.

could be a good laugh alright, first round is on me! :D

draffodx wrote:
    could be a good laugh alright, first round is on me! :D

In that case I'll have a double jack daniels and coke with a dashing of tequila and a bag of crisps.

Well if we're ordering now and I'm not paying, I'll have a stein of vodka and an apple sour... :D

tut i cant believe the people of dkit are taking advantage of my generosity!

• Advertisement

Oh like you wouldn't do the same if we were picking up the charge! :P

Too true.

Merrick wrote:
    Oh like you wouldn't do the same if we were picking up the charge! :P

a nice ice cold pint of bulmers would do me nicely, i'll get the hard stuff off ya's later on :D

Advertisement