Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car repairs - Balbriggan

• 12-09-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hoping that the brains trust can help me again here. My girlfriend did some damage to the car last night. Its pretty superficial - a scrape against a wall - but it looks like the scrape has gone through the paint and I am thinking that it might rust up. Anyway, I am looking to get it fixed, but it would greatly help if anyone with good local knowledge could direct me towards a more reliable garages/car repair places around the town. I'm sure that most places would be able to solve this pretty quickly, but if anyone had any good previous experience it would be a great help. Many thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Try Ray Fagan's in Loughshinney. Heard he was good. Not sure about price. A lot of the main dealers sub contract their respray work to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Try Glen Tyres in Convent Lane. (The street on the corner of which the Milestone pub stands).

The lads in there are sound and if they cant do the paintjob, they will definitely put you in the right direction of someone who can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,785 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's also Dent Magic in Balbriggan - dunno the number though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Hill Billy wrote:
    There's also Dent Magic in Balbriggan - dunno the number though.
    Dent Magic is the way to go alright:

http://www.dentmagic.ie/Contact%20page%20mal%202334.htm

As for Glenn Tyres, they guy is a joker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thanks very much all. This place is a great for local knowledge. Thanks once again. Any other advise, please keep them coming. I wont be able to give in the car to get it sorted until next monday.

• Advertisement

Bluetonic wrote:

As for Glenn Tyres, they guy is a joker.

I am sure that he loves you too ...:rolleyes:

I am sure that he loves you too ...:rolleyes:
    Can you clarify your remark?

I was merely saying the guy is quite funny.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Can you clarify your remark?

I was merely saying the guy is quite funny.

It appeared to me that you were being derogatory about the chap.

The original poster had made no query as to the humurous character of Glen or his operation, they had merely asked for advice on having some works done to their car, therefore your declaration of Glen being a joker or not has no relevance to this thread at all.

Lighten up and stop being so quick to go on the attack.

It appeared to me that you were being derogatory about the chap.

The original poster had made no query as to the humurous character of Glen or his operation, they had merely asked for advice on having some works done to their car, therefore your declaration of Glen being a joker or not has no relevance to this thread at all.

Lighten up and stop being so quick to go on the attack.
    Why you felt the need to comment in the first place is beyond me.

If I as a poster can't make a comment about the guy being humorous without you feeling the need to comment based on an incorrect presumption then I don't know what the world is coming to.

As for the original poster they had asked
    Morgans wrote:
    if anyone had any good previous experience it would be a great help
    I mentioned he was a humorous character as it added to my prior experience in dealing with him.

Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Take it to PM tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Balbriggan Tyre & Exhaust - can personally recommend them.
    Dentmedic: I understand they only pull dents where paintwork hasn't been breached (could be completely wrong on that though...)
    Glen Tyres: my old lad swears by them.

Advertisement