Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you shave your head for charity (girls)

• 12-09-2007 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Theres a girl on my road who is shaving her head for charity, she has gorgeous long blonde hair.

I say fair play to her. Would any of you out there do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

No way in this world would I do especially as my hair is long. I have alot of respect for someone willing to do this tho...i hope she gets a lot of sponsorship for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

At the end of the day it's ONLY hair and it grows back.. trust me.
    I'd have a lot of respect for this girl, it's refreshing to see.

Some people are so into themselves that the mere idea of shaving their hair off = death!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Well fair play to the girl shaving it off, it's very admirable. However, i would be EXTREMELY ugly if I was bald..... so no, i wouldn't do it. Not for my sake of course, but for the sake of all the small children I would scare off with my ugliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I wouldnt do it - I know Im an awful person ;)

I just couldnt - I could do something else like a paracute jump tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well, I lost my very long hair to chemo last October so I know what it is like to go from having long hair to being bald so I would have no fear about doing it again if it was for a good charity. It does take ages though for your hair to grow - see what Kylie had to go through as an example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

No way. Never. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

orla wrote:
    No way. Never. Not a chance.

Thats a no then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

No way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No. I'm sick of people doing attention-seeking things to earn money for charity. Why not just give to charity anyway - do you really need a divertissement to get you to do so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

simu wrote:
    No. I'm sick of people doing attention-seeking things to earn money for charity. Why not just give to charity anyway - do you really need a divertissement to get you to do so?

Well because people tend not to give to charity without a reason...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I would never do it either! It's taken too long for me to get it to the length to is now, I could never go through that wait again!!

Fair play to that girl for doing it though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd contemplate shaving my head anyway, whether or not it was for charity is another matter. Practicality ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

My mum has had lots of chemo the last few years so if it were to raise LOTS of money for a cancer charity then yes i would do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

not a chance. I dont think that makes me selfish. My hair used to be in bits and it took years for me to grow it this length so I aint chopping it off. fair play to that girl though hope she raises a good bit.

I posted earlier that I would do it but to be fair to those who would not it takes a LONG time to get your hair back to normal. I lost mine due to chemo last October and it has been growing back since February but it still looks terrible. I am trying to make it grow so am limiting my hair cuts which makes it worse. Kylie looks great but then again she has a constant stylist around and you can still see how she is trying to let her hair grow. I have been told that it will take 5 YEARS to have my hair back to the way it was, 3 years to have it back to shoulder length hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I would - its only hair and grows back!!!

why people feel the need to do this I dont understand but its their choice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Nope. Not a chance.

Why should I have to shave my head to make people give to charity??? People should give to charity just because it's for charity, imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

No I'm not confident enough to do it basically. Fair play to her but I'd do a million other things to raise the money before I'd do that.

Cathy, did they say why it takes that long for your hair to grow back? I think I only ever saw one photo of Kylie as a skinhead, she looked beautiful but I know she wants her long hair back too.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    No I'm not confident enough to do it basically. Fair play to her but I'd do a million other things to raise the money before I'd do that.

Cathy, did they say why it takes that long for your hair to grow back? I think I only ever saw one photo of Kylie as a skinhead, she looked beautiful but I know she wants her long hair back too.
    No, hair just grows back slowly. I love Kylie's hair at the moment - hopefully with time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I posted earlier that I would do it but to be fair to those who would not it takes a LONG time to get your hair back to normal. I lost mine due to chemo last October and it has been growing back since February but it still looks terrible. I am trying to make it grow so am limiting my hair cuts which makes it worse. Kylie looks great but then again she has a constant stylist around and you can still see how she is trying to let her hair grow. I have been told that it will take 5 YEARS to have my hair back to the way it was, 3 years to have it back to shoulder length hair!

yeah but hair falling out due to chemo is because it's killed the roots. hair shaved would still be strong and healthy at the root, it would grow back a lot quicker

• Advertisement
Advertisement