Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compsoc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

lynch_3001 wrote:
    well all you guys have been annoying me!!

Well tbh people arent going to agree with everything you say. I have to say your idea of 'talks' or lectures as you called them isnt going to be an attraction.
    Even though I've asked you about them you havent replied in any detail.
    lynch_3001 wrote:
    talks-information via a lecture.

Thats hardly an apt description of what you mean, I know what a talk is. I wanted to know why and how you are going to use talks to keep interest in a gaming soc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I think his point, and its brought even more home with the end of netsoc, is that compsoc isnt a gaming society. Its a computer society that happens to play games.

And I doubt there will be anyone at these lectures (should they go ahead :p) forcing you to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i thank ivan for making my point heard. its computing society,not computer gaming society in the light of the college. we the death of netsoc (r.i.p bitbucket), there is a big gap in the market, that people want filled, not even within the college but even graduates outside. i have received emails from ppl offer their services for this, which if they read this, thanks!!

the talks will cover, intro to computing to Linux-intro and cheat codes, i will also accept any ideas that you would like to see. if anyone wishes to offer their services as well i would appreciate it. also any ideas you have can be discussed when we have our first meeting( hopefully tomorrow night, definitely by next week, even if it is after clubs and socs day).they may also be posted here if you cant attend please pass the word around! compsoc needs members!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Point taken. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

so how do you plan to integrate a bunch of gamers into the rest without completely alienating them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Simple, lectures are on at X time on Y date, gaming is on at the usual time Z.

Pick what you want out of the society, but dont expect it to just cater to your tastes.

again, thank you ivan for explaining that, although you cant expect the society to cater to your every need i am trying to integrate as much so its catering to the broad spectrum of the members.

we will have it on tonight starting in a102 or that area then continueing up to a211, this will all kick off at about 5:30

lynch_3001 wrote:
    again, thank you ivan for explaining that, although you cant expect the society to cater to your every need i am trying to integrate as much so its catering to the broad spectrum of the members.

If you arent making sandwhiches, I'm outta here :)

sorry not 5:30 just 5

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

when is soc day?

next wed. i was told

n1, so im guessing there'll be compsoc from then on?

course

so is it on today or next monday?

tonight AND next monday! a211/210 5pm onwards

yeah i went down but im really not interested in bf vietnam :cool:

bring on CSS!

ok ok css next week

lynch_3001 wrote:
    ok ok css next week

n1, which version of css do u have?

We need GUN GAME

-Kinfe Pro: ON
    -Deathmatch: ON
    -Reverse Order!
    -TURBO MODE!!!!

TEXTURE MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmmmmmmyeah.........

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote:
    We need GUN GAME

-Kinfe Pro: ON -YESH
    -Deathmatch: ON -YESH
    -Reverse Order! -NEGATIVE
    -TURBO MODE!!!! -YESH

TEXTURE MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! -NEGATIVE

hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmmmmmmyeah.........

i win

KamiKazi wrote:
    n1, which version of css do u have?
    1.6 if im not mistaken i will check later

oh noes Kami: we will have texture maps and there will be reverse order dammit: its so unbeleivably stupid starting with the pistol.

lynch_3001 wrote:
    1.6 if im not mistaken i will check later

do you want me to bring a cracked css?

yeah go ahead, give me a pm in the morning, so i can go and test it and make sure its all working etc.

yep you have the old css with the old radar, crouch height, chatbox and you have to buy ammo:rolleyes:

Overheal wrote:
    oh noes Kami: we will have texture maps and there will be reverse order dammit: its so unbeleivably stupid starting with the pistol.

just aim for the head :rolleyes:

its a balance issue:how can you expect people to have fun trying to level up from a pistol when you pump 5-8 bullets into them but right before you kill them whoops they just headshot you with their ak-47.... at least in the reverse order this levels the playing field significantly.

Overheal wrote:
    its a balance issue:how can you expect people to have fun trying to level up from a pistol when you pump 5-8 bullets into them but right before you kill them whoops they just headshot you with their ak-47.... at least in the reverse order this levels the playing field significantly.

everyone starts off on the same level, just dont be a noob and let everyone level up past you :cool:

• Advertisement

interesting...

Advertisement