Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queues begin for Halo 3...14 days pre launch

• 12-09-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Sad, sad, sad people

while looking forward to it myself i didnt even know when the release date was :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sad, It's not even a franchise worth queuing up for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Losers....

Over over over overrated franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

my 360 is currently getting repaired in Germany, if I was sure it would be back i time i would be queueing too....No, wait, no i wouln't. I'd pre-order it and pick it up on the way hmoe from work.

Pah, its not like it is Mass Effect of COD4, is it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Goes to show what a big marketing budget and hype can do - I see nothing unusual in people doing this, has happened before for other games/books/movies/etc., it will certainly happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

god i wish i had an outlet like kotaku to write up a hugely sarcastic, witty and intelligent diatribe on how people like this need to buy the game (to keep the industry rolling etc.... keep me in a job und whatnot) and then right after the checkout have them lined up to have their hair combed by a 9mm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

idiots :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

are we not any worse with the cod4 beta

waiting to receive codes from our email

playing on over crowed servers

where it takes ages to find a match :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Sad, It's not even a franchise worth queuing up for.
    QFT
    Metroid Prime 3 on the other hand...

Anyone see the halo 3 video on the latest official xbox 360 mag?

Was very grainy and poor quality, turned me off the game tbh.

And queueing so far in advance is indicative of having lots of time to kill, and no life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can't understand why anyone would queue for it, most people are probably going to be able to walk into the shop on the day of release and buy it. I don't agree with anybody who says it is an overhyped franchise (or even that such a boring series like Metroid is better than it). Halo has been consistently solid in its gameplay, and the story (while not the best) has had plenty of moments I will remember forever. I can't say that about many other games.

I'm looking forward to this more than any other game this year, and once its out, the fans will enjoy the ending to one of the best fps series ever made, while the haters will be missing out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DarkJager wrote:
    I'm looking forward to this more than any other game this year, and once its out, the fans will enjoy the ending to one of the best fps series ever made, while the haters will be missing out.
    I could say the same about MP3, but you seem to have made up your mind about that already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sad sad human beings, if they want it so much then pre-order it ta fúck! I hope they fecking get dround in rain and a hurricain! How are they supposed to collect there unemployment benifits? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

i'm not really too bothered to be honest, i know it'll be good but i just can't hype it anymore cos i'll be just be dissapointed....

also who thinks it will be a better of the mighty bioshock eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

All reports I've heard so far are that any videos seen of it online haven't had great graphics. I reckon graphics-wise it won't be up to the level of bioshock. I hope the story is good because I didn't like the Halo 2 story mode but loved the first one. Not too interested in getting my ass handed to me in multiplayer. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

limited edition pre-ordered... mmm.. cant wait t get that new game smell...
    multi-player should be fun. getting tired of dying as cole in gears the whole time, it'll be fun to be covanent!!!

but no way would i queue for a game, well not for that long, maybe like for an hour if i really wanted t get cracking on it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'd say these boys are gonna be fighting off the chicks!!

Halo_3_line.jpg

Seriously, what a bunch of dorks. I mean what are they gonna do for 2 weeks? I wonder if Mommy is gonna drop down a tent and some sandwiches, Jesus!!

Overrated anyway, not a scratch a Deus Ex, Half Life, GOW to name but a few.
    Bring on COD4 is what I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Sad. As was said, it's not even going to be in short supply, and it's not along the same veins as, say, the first Star Wars movies in 20 years, which I could at least understand, nor are games are socially acceptable as movies to warrant a two week queuing session. A midnight launch, perhaps, but no more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Feck that, i used to work in GameStop. One of the lads will be putting a copy aside for me to collect. Ill be able to take it away whenever they get it into the store. So i wont have to queue and will still have it before them muppets.

Oh and its the special edition too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

unemployed losers.

Leave em at it.

I wonder if Mommy is gonna drop down a tent and some sandwiches, Jesus!!
    Don't you know that geeks hate there mothers, they keep on 'intruding' when in there 'command station'.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wow... animosity abound.

I, uh... hope they die too? I mean, who do they think they are? ... with their "queuing"?

The jerks.

Fnz wrote:
    The jerks.
    :eek: Mmmm.... American? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Oh god
    How will they live without playing the xbox for 14 days dude!?
    OMFG NOOB LMAO PWNED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Wow, if ever there was an obviously unreliable source...

You guys don't really think that they're queuing 14 days prior to release do you? It's got to be a picture taken out of context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, looks like they updated it with the REAL info. The Inquirer are garbage, they get stuff wrong all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

180 degree about face!
    playing on a imax screen would be pretty cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

indough wrote:
    Wow, if ever there was an obviously unreliable source...

You guys don't really think that they're queuing 14 days prior to release do you? It's got to be a picture taken out of context

Still funny tho, even if its not real:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

typical America – the have to q days in advance for stuff - once it gets a bit of hype -they whip out the folding chair and sleeping bag & head to there local wall mart. below is a perfect example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRbQMhLJaY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

typical America – the have to q days in advance for stuff - once it gets a bit of hype -they whip out the folding chair and sleeping bag & head to there local wall mart. below is a perfect example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRbQMhLJaY

Funniest video I have ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd put money on Metroid Prime 3 being an infinitely better game in every way than Halo 3. It provides a game type that is totally unique to the Halo '30 seconds of the same **** over and over again'. It's a cookie cutter FPS game that while not terrible has been done before only better dozens of times before. It seems that the Metroid hating crowd don't like it because there's not enough stuff to shoot. Well their loss.

Advertisement