Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queues begin for Halo 3...14 days pre launch

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'd put money on Metroid Prime 3 being an infinitely better game in every way than Halo 3. It provides a game type that is totally unique to the Halo '30 seconds of the same **** over and over again'. It's a cookie cutter FPS game that while not terrible has been done before only better dozens of times before. It seems that the Metroid hating crowd don't like it because there's not enough stuff to shoot. Well their loss.
    Have to disagree (dangerous I know your a mod:p :p ) but I got metroid prime on the gamecube and I was never so bored in my life and thought halo was way more entertaining though but saying that I always found the handheld metroid games such as fusion and hunters better than their home-console counter parts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

There's no denying that the Halo games must have something going for them. The only problem I have with Metroid Prime 3 is that it will only be on the Wii. I'm not being a fanboy, as I grew up playing Nintendo (NES, SNES and N64 owner). I just hate the gimmicky nature of that console (the whole controller thing).

They specifically designed it for totally casual gamers and shafted their original fanbase somewhat in the process. I just don't know where there heads have been at post-N64 (the gamecube was also trash IMO), well I suppose they are selling vast amounts though too.

I also don't understand why Bioshock has become the yardstick to which FPS' are being measured, I didn't feel anything special about it in honesty. Sure it had a nice enough storyline, but nothing spectacular? I suppose it's all down to individual taste really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'd put money on Metroid Prime 3 being an infinitely better game in every way than Halo 3. It provides a game type that is totally unique to the Halo '30 seconds of the same **** over and over again'. It's a cookie cutter FPS game that while not terrible has been done before only better dozens of times before. It seems that the Metroid hating crowd don't like it because there's not enough stuff to shoot. Well their loss.
    The scanning in Metroid became tiresome. I would have preferred a more streamlined way of interacting with objects/enemies to get information and activate things.

Anyway Metroid's going to appeal to a different audience as the focus is more on the adventure side of the FPS genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Fnz wrote:
    The scanning in Metroid became tiresome. I would have preferred a more streamlined way of interacting with objects/enemies to get information and activate things.

Anyway Metroid's going to appeal to a different audience as the focus is more on the adventure side of the FPS genre.
    Sums it up in a few lines! But I already rambled on as below so I'll leave it in.

This is all speculation really as although Halo 3 Beta was available to play thats only a taste of the multiplayer and no one (barring 1 or 2 importers with modded Wiis) has played MP3 as its only out in the US.
    Personaly I'm looking forward to MP3 more than H3 as H3 promises more of the same "Finish the fight" rather than trying anything new or innovative except in the multiplayer.
    I'll still play through H3 but any shooter where you can lock on in multiplayer and hold the trigger down until they die gets a pass from me. When you go ahead in H2 because it locked onto your target it doesn't feel like skill. Sniping at least has a bit of satisfaction but the vehicles are why I'll give the game a run through. Great craic! Eh so I guess I'm mixed on H3 and Go go MP3!(Max Payne 3 in a year, please!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'd put money on Metroid Prime 3 being an infinitely better game in every way than Halo 3.

Multiplayer? :p

Have hated Halo up until now, I'm probably gonna get roped into buying this though as everyone screams about it.

• Advertisement

I thought one of the criticisms of MP3 was that it was the same stuff as its predecessors. Either way, whether Halo or MP, I think it is a mistake to mess too much with a winning formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I wonder if there'll be a "break my halo3" site set up, I'd love to see the looks on some of these fanbois faces who have been queueing for weeks when a copy of the game gets shattered in front of them:p

probably be one set up by a sony fanboy, i'd imagine some smart ass will smash one o the special edition Halo xbox's. I remember seeing the xbox 360 smashing vids when they first came out. Personally i'd be more into laughing at the person who spends that much money just to smash the **** out of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They're fairly unbiased actually, afaik the same guys set up the smash my Wii/xbox/PS3/iPod sites. and they most likely make their money back and then some by sticking a couple of ads on the site.
    I just find that kind of thing amusing because it outlines how sad the people who spend days in line are.

The collectors edition of Halo 3 would smash up nicely:D

Doesn't look like they're making money anyway, they seem to just about cover the cost (they have a list of donors at the side of the page). It's still a pathetic waste of time really when you think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

I dont think so. Everyone has different idea's on what wasting time is, for the people that created that site, it was a project which they enjoyed doing and brought a laugh or two to alot of people on the internet...and probably made them a bit of money as well by the looks of it.

Advertisement