Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat Out

• 12-09-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thinking of getting Flatout. Saw it in HMWs 2 for 60 deal and was thinking of getting it. Loved the first one, and liking the idea of playing this on Live. Just wondering if anyone has it, and how it plays? Have read about some physics bugs that can ruin races.. are they as bad as Eurogamer say?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have it, and while I've not played it past the first section (yet), I found it to be great fun. Not as good as Burnout, or as fast, but entertaining and more importantly, challenging. It's an arcade racer. Accurate physiscs aren't a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Grand, EG just said about a bug where sometimes opponents cars get stuck on youre bonnet when you nudge them into a wall. Think Ill pick it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It's a grand game, EG's review is pretty much spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Their comments about cars in front getting stuck on you are not a big issue - its down to driving technique, I find it pretty easy to shake them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh that. Well, in all fairness, if you nudge a car and it veers in front of you, you're not going to be able to plough through it. That's annoying but realistic. Hardly a bug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Stephen wrote:
    Their comments about cars in front getting stuck on you are not a big issue - its down to driving technique, I find it pretty easy to shake them off.

Spot on man, Eurogamer marked it down cos of that, the game is fantastic, it ain't as fast as burnout at first but it gets really fast on higher classes and the rag doll sports events are great craic as are the challenges. I think it's at least as good as burnout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

mise wrote:
    Hey all,

Thinking of getting Flatout. Saw it in HMWs 2 for 60 deal and was thinking of getting it. Loved the first one, and liking the idea of playing this on Live. Just wondering if anyone has it, and how it plays? Have read about some physics bugs that can ruin races.. are they as bad as Eurogamer say?

Any other recent titles in that offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Well, loving this game.. Havent played online yet tho. So if anyones up for a couple of races let me know.

@ sweetie - Cant really remember any of the other titles but dont think there were any newer than Flatout..

Advertisement