Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus depot at Jervis Street

Options
  • 12-09-2007 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Not sure if I should post this here or in tranpsort but I was just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with the site beside the Jervis St Luas stop. it is owned by CIE I think and was to be developed into a Dublin Bus depot or stop off area. It was to include a hotel etc. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Granted planning by DCC last week. HAve to wait and see if it's appealed to An Bord Pleanala or not

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is it this site?

JervisStreetLuasStopSite.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

From the Irish Times
    The brothers behind the Capital Bars group are joining forces with Bennett Construction, CIÉ, and Dublin Bus to build a €100 million hotel and transport hub. Barry O'Halloran reports.
    Dublin City Council has given Liam and Des O'Dwyer's Deepdrill Developments planning permission for a 300-bedroom hotel and transport interchange at Abbey Street/Strand Street on the city's northside.

The development will consist of the hotel on seven floors over a double height ground floor that will contain the bus interchange.

This will handle up to 50 vehicles an hour serving commuter routes to the Blanchardstown and Dunboyne, Co Meath, areas.

The bus facility is one of three planned for Dublin, the others will be built at Connolly and Heuston train stations.

Under the terms of the deal, Deepdrill, trading as O'Dwyer Leisure, will own the hotel, while CIÉ, the parent of the Republic's three State public transport companies, will own the bus interchange.

The total project cost is estimated at €100 million and is expected to be up and running within three years.

The site is immediately south of the Jervis Street shopping centre and Luas light rail stop.

It is also at the edge of the €750 million northern quarter redevelopment of Dublin's north inner city planned by department store business, Arnotts.

Dwyer Leisure has a second proposal on the way that will link its new development and bus interchange with the quays through a complex including another hotel, shops, cafes and a pedestrian walkway.

The company said the planning permission for the hotel/interchange development was granted subject to "reasonably standard" conditions and a €2.7 million development contribution. Among other things, the conditions demand that the group upgrade the road on Strand Street.

The hotel will be the biggest developed by the O'Dwyers in Dublin. The others, the Graton Capital on South King Street and the Trinity on Pearse Street, are 75 bedroom and 156 bedroom respectively.

The O'Dwyers are best known for their Capital Bars business in Dublin, which includes Cafe en Seine on Dawson Street, O'Dwyers on Mount Street and Break for the Border on Stephen Street.

I was passing there today so I took a few pics! (Didn't notice any PP Site Notice though :confused:)

AbbeyStreet-StrandStreetSite2.jpg

AbbeyStreet-StrandStreetSite3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are there going to be more busses crossing the Liffey?

There is a severe lack of busses that do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

AbbeyStreet-StrandStreetSite3.jpg

Ha, scarily familiar to a picture I took a few weeks back!

Obviously, there isn't much choice for a change of view, but still...

Exit wrote:
    Ha, scarily familiar to a picture I took a few weeks back!
    :eek: In case you think that I've stolen your pic, note that there are more open windows in my pic! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Are the access roads to that site not a bit small for 50 buses an hour? I see there is a condition to upgrade some of the roads but still seems a difficult task to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its seems more like a hotel first with bus station underneath, but then I guess buse can only use the ground floor so might aswell use the air above for something, its abbey street though isn't,

isn't the delivery entrance to jervis across the street? it will be narrow and busy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Thelikefaneire

Traffic is allready bad on that street when the luas cant cross the road just after the jervis stop. Cars allways fill the yellow box there. Surely if there is 50 busses an hour added to that narrow road then it will cause chaos. The luas allready is delayed by deleveries and careless drivers, a bus depot will just make it worse. Thats Dublin planning for you:rolleyes:

Advertisement